Question on AKA Signum and Ground Balance

walt12524

Right now I'm pretty much still snowed in and its still well below freezing most days. I have a small area of no snow roughly 4 by 4. When I GB, the bar on the screen is very small and in the center. It does not extend to the small vertical bars on the horizontal line. Is this correct? And yes it makes the musical tone that it has GB.

Right now I'm pretty much still snowed in and its still well below freezing most days. I have a small area of no snow roughly 4 by 4. When I GB, the bar on the screen is very small and in the center. It does not extend to the small vertical bars on the horizontal line. Is this correct? And yes it makes the musical tone that it has GB.

I don't think you are going to get a lot of help here because only a few foreign detectors from other countries have gained a whole lot of fans here...so far.
There are exceptions but this is not one of them.
Try other forums in Europe and you should have better luck if you join and ask the members like this one...

http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.u...3855338929ad013af592e5a6fe5b7d0&submit=Search

Maybe this video might help...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq3Vqsume9c

Concerning GB should be considered as very important for next true and effective detecting.
But first of all,one more important thing to do and it is to adapt a coil to your Signum.As far as I remember you have more,than one coil for your AKA.So,each time,when you change a coil,first of all,adapt it.Simultenuosly push (+) button and switch on your detector.After that,all will happen automatically and as a result,Signum suggests you to make GB.All the procedures are described in the manual and showed at different videos (thanks to DIGGER27 now).
In the case if you fail to find a clean spot for making GB,it could be made artificially with a piece of ferrite or a red brick.You can decrease a sensitivity for making GB to help your detector to do it or to use the Economy mode.
Any other questions welcome.

signal level

I very briefly went out and found a good solid vdi of 74, however the signal level varied from 1 to 99. Is that due to EMI or something else? Or trash near the target ? How can you tell if EMI is an issue?

I was in a very trashy park using program 2 and dug out a clad quarter. I am impressed how the Signum locked in on the target in between all the iron.

That level,you mentioned above could assist to distinguish a depth.But,thinking,that you dug on a trash site and several targets could be caught at the same time,this level does not have a practical usage as it summed all of them.
If we say about EMI takes place,then,it means,we have a lot of falsing.

Thanks for the reply Igor, I didn't go out to hunt just to practice the GB. But i came across this signal that i couldnt pass up. I was surprised how the vdi barely moved stayed 74 and once in a while dropped to 71. I find that amazing that the Signum locked on to the coin while there was trash under the coil also. I dug up a 2000 quarter not silver but I know when the snow melts I'll find silver. I am very impressed with the AKA Signum

I understand that when it falses that EMI may be the cause. I assume that the falsing would not be consistent like a good signal.

Back
Top Bottom