Anyone ever use a Compass detector

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I just bought a Compass XP-PRO Coin Scanner, wanted to try something different. Ya Ya I know I know I will end up getting another Tesoro. I have never had a Compass detector but have been reading some good things about them. Steve.

I just bought a Compass XP-PRO Coin Scanner, wanted to try something different. Ya Ya I know I know I will end up getting another Tesoro. I have never had a Compass detector but have been reading some good things about them. Steve.

I still have mine and it still works from when I bought it in the very early 80's. My brother used it not that long ago.... It was a great machine back in the day...

Try Keith Wills at East Texas Metal Detectors-will come up on the website. He repairs Compass detectors and swears by them for depth. He has many years experience using them.

I actually had a Judge II back in 1976 or 77 and my Judge went deeper than my friend's Whites Goldmaster on coins but in the heat it became unstable when the sensitivity was turned up and I wasn't able to compensate in the middle of a competition hunt and sold it soon after. It was a good coin hunter but I never dug all of the targets then so not as many rings as now with my Tesoro Vaqero but I never had the time then either.

I bought a Compass X-80 when they first came out. I really like the machine, but after using it for about half an hour, it would go nuts, and I had to turn it off for a while. I never got around to having it fixed and ended up selling it, like new, to a friend of a friend who gave me $20.00 down and then moved out of the state with the detector. Last I heard was that he had it repaired and it was working great. I know the first time he tried it out, he found a silver half. I wish I had it back, or at least the money he never paid me.

I bought a Compass X-80 when they first came out. I really like the machine, but after using it for about half an hour, it would go nuts, and I had to turn it off for a while. I never got around to having it fixed and ended up selling it, like new, to a friend of a friend who gave me $20.00 down and then moved out of the state with the detector. Last I heard was that he had it repaired and it was working great. I know the first time he tried it out, he found a silver half. I wish I had it back, or at least the money he never paid me.
With friends like that who needs enemies :?:. Steve.

Back
Top Bottom