So I bought a Vision

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
Well curiosity go the best of me and I bought a White's Vision. I'm just that type of person that got's to know. I'm more than happy with my E-Trac, but the V3 has fascinated me since the day it was introduced. I'm hoping it will be here by the weekend as it should be fairly nice weather wise.

I plan to do some head-to-head comparisons between the E-Trac and V3. Eventually one of them will probably go, unless I find a substantial benefit in keeping them both. It's hard to believe but even after all these years and pretty much owning every top rated detector, I still get very excited about a new detector.

OK so here is that question seen so much by someone with a new detector on the way. What tips/tricks do you current V3 users have for a V3 newbie?

Great.Your one fella We will get an Un-Bias opinion from and Im Looking forward to what you can do with that machine!Plz figure out how to tell gold from pull tabs so i can buy one :) .Looking forward to your Report.grats on the New machine.

Let us know how it works out for you. Good Luck!

Congratulations on the new detector..Can't wait to see some comparisons on those top 2 detectors by someone experienced like you..:yes:

This is a great thing Detector! I am very much looking forward to your results and observations. This has needed to be done for a long time. I am on my way to an E-trac purchase at the first of the year. This is very important information for me.

Thanks
Jack

Detector,
I have about 20 hours on my V3 as of this week. The biggest tip I can give is if you get any high even semi-repeatable signals and you can pin-point to a small object past 5 inches, dig! Most of the time it is a coin. Also, I learned that if I cut a big enough flap to put my coil over, I always re-survey the target after flipping the flap over. Usually the signal clears right up.

Good luck to you! And we expect pictures!

-Mark

Thanks for the tip Romeo7.

Before I bought my DFX I did a lot of research on the Minelab SE and the Whites DFX trying to decide which would suit me best. Although I chose the DFX, strictly on personal preferences, I couldn't rid myself of the curiosity about the SE and ended up buying one anyway. I believe it was more a curiosity of IF what my research had me thinking was well founded or not. I was pretty darn close. Now it is the same thing with the E-Trac and the V3.

I believe, from my research, that comparing the V3 and the ET will be a lot like comparing the DFX and SE. In the end each has strong points and weak points that make them more a personal preference choice than one being better than the other. The V3 has its job cut out for it because the E-Trac has exceeded my expectations, but I believe the V3 is up to the job.

Can't wait to hear the results although I am a little envious since I still have to purchase my first detector and am saving up for it. I use a borrowed detector right now.

Good luck with your new V-3. You got two of the best in my opinion and looking forward to the comparison.

Bruce

Congrats on the new toy.

I can't wait to read your side-by-side comparison. I'm sure you will do a thorough and non-biased review.

I'm in too. Congradulations! I'll be following this observation or comparison as well. I'll be interested about the learning curve on the V-3 as I am a DFX owner now and as you know am in the decision proscess between the V-3 and the E-trac. I don't want to take another 2 years to get really familiar with any other detector like I have on the DFX. HH

I have the V3 and really like it. I have not owned an Etrac, so cannot offer any information there. I do have the DFX, and so far, I am finding the V3 has better performance on depth, target ID and user friendlieness. I have heard a lot of good reports on the Etrac as well. We await your report. RickO

Back
Top Bottom