Hurricane Jose

Well all the news stations brought extra weather girls to "report" on the storm, what a joke!! very little rain and no beach erosion. :shock:

I don't know where you live, but here on Long Island, Jones Beach was closed. It was completely flooded all the way to the other side of the boardwalk. They were bulldozing sand around all day trying to clear the water. That should bode well for detecting there this fall and winter. With Maria looming out in the Atlantic, it could get more interesting.

I don't know where you live, but here on Long Island, Jones Beach was closed. It was completely flooded all the way to the other side of the boardwalk. They were bulldozing sand around all day trying to clear the water. That should bode well for detecting there this fall and winter. With Maria looming out in the Atlantic, it could get more interesting.

Been to both Jones and Smiths ... as you said both closed with massive amounts of water right up to and beyond the board walk. I will stop by again on my way home in the morning hoping they open it up soon starting to feel like an addict who has not gotten his fix LOL

Hunted Thursday

Been to both Jones and Smiths ... as you said both closed with massive amounts of water right up to and beyond the board walk. I will stop by again on my way home in the morning hoping they open it up soon starting to feel like an addict who has not gotten his fix LOL

Had a 6 hour hunt Thursday at Moses Feild 2.I was hoping to see some big cuts from Jose but I didnt see any.I did find a big area that was stripped down pretty good.When ever I hit the 50.cal bullets I know I'm in some old sand.Endless old greenies stoppped digging them after a while looking for gold but it was not to be.Best of it is the small 925 earring and of coarse the Buff was a nice surprise.GL HH

Attachments

• IMG_147.jpg
    IMG_147.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_152.jpg
    IMG_152.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_153.jpg
    IMG_153.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_154.jpg
    IMG_154.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_155.jpg
    IMG_155.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 244
I was on the beach this morning before daylight. I was about two hours late for the low tide. I could hear the surf pounding when I got out of the car close to 200 yards away. The Atlantic ocean was not happy.. Hurricane Irma destroyed this particular beach and by the time high tide got close to high there was No Visible beach. Beach goers were setting up in the dunes as there was no dry place on the beach itself.

As the morning went by the waves got higher. the surfers were having a ball. I don't know why it was so rough this morning. But just working the wash zone was getting me wet up to my belt.

NO Gold, No Silver and only a couple pieces of junk jewelry to go with the clad I found.

Back
Top Bottom