Compass Relic & Coin

detectman

Hi, any current or past users of this machine? Would appreciate any comments.

I've never heard anything bad about Compass.

Many oldtimers started with them and still use them.

Hi, any current or past users of this machine? Would appreciate any comments.

An excellent machine, it will get better depth than MANY of our current machines.

The only drawback is its weight (but it's not as heavy as most Minelabs).

If you wanna sell it cheap, buzz me!

Tim, I had a Relic Magnum 6 and I loved it dearly. Except that whenever I moved from sunlight to shade I had to retune! Do you have that problem too?

I have a Compass Coin Magnum and a Relic Magnum 7. I bought and used them about 30 years ago. I never had a problem with either one of them.

They're my backups, now

An excellent machine, it will get better depth than MANY of our current machines.

The only drawback is its weight (but it's not as heavy as most Minelabs).

If you wanna sell it cheap, buzz me!

Hi Dan, thanks to everyone for their replys, well Dan what would you consider a good price for an old detector? It took me awhile to even find one that someone wanted to part with. Some say it's a better detector than an MXT or a GTI 2500 or a Tesoro Tejon, Explorer SE in the hands of an experienced person. What's it worth since you can't buy them new anymore? They sold new from Anderson Detectors for $700, years ago. They hardly ever come up for auction so I really don't know what it's worth. Thanks again to all!

I don't have any of my old treasure magazines handy, so I can't be sure, but I think $700 sounds high for the original price. Perhaps that was retail but nobody pays retail?

Anyway, I sold one about a year ago for $240, which was probably a little low.

Hey Dan, the Relic 7 seems to be very stable in that situation my only beef with is that it seems to be slow on the recovery, not it's fault, just that it hard to go from the modern machines back to it. But other wise I could not be happier. There something to be said about using the older analog machines. I guess it just brings back good memories. I feel the same way about the Garrett ADS III I have and will never get rid of it for sentimental reasons.

Back
Top Bottom