Howdy from rainy Misery, er Missouri...

JBS

New here, first post, just south of Kansas City. First detector a Garrett 400 Ace and all the fixings, time is my biggest need/want. Work, family and finishing my Masters jumps in front of swinging. I have Columbus Day off, the kids are at school and the wife is at work, but Mother Nature choose this weekend to catch up on our drought. Several inches so far and more to come. *sigh* Who knows, I might put my swimsuit and ace cover on and go for it.

New here, first post, just south of Kansas City. First detector a Garrett 400 Ace and all the fixings, time is my biggest need/want. Work, family and finishing my Masters jumps in front of swinging. I have Columbus Day off, the kids are at school and the wife is at work, but Mother Nature choose this weekend to catch up on our drought. Several inches so far and more to come. *sigh* Who knows, I might put my swimsuit and ace cover on and go for it.

At first I thought misery was the name of your city... [emoji23] welcome to the board from South East Michigan. How do you like the 400? I have the 250 with a DD coil and have been considering moving up to the 400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

It's been hot here for October, forecast for rain this week, can't wait for Fall weather with cooler temps without needing rain to cool it down :lol:

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

From The state of Misery

For those that have never lived here ,some people refer to Missouri as the state of Misery (hot and humidity in the summer and miserable and cold in the winter ) All so depending on which part of the state the you were raised in, it can be pronounce with a on the end or e on the end. :laughing:

Welcome from Ohio. Look at the bright side, a good deep soaking rain makes for 2 very important things to happen in this great hobby.
First, it makes the ground easier to dig and dig proper plugs.
Second, moist ground can really make those targets pop.
I love to hunt the first day or two after a good soaking rain; definitely bring home more goodies. Let Mother Nature be your friend! Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

JBS, welcome from Kansas City. I understand that from Fri through Mon we got (and are still getting) approx 9-10" of rain. My sump pump is going nuts and a small crack in my basement that has never leaked is leaking now. The grass seed I put down a little over a week ago has now washed to who knows where. I started looking to see if someone was building an ark in my neighborhood. To make matters even worse a coworker on the Illinois side from St Louis told me today that they only got a sprinkle over the weekend.

Anyway, welcome from KC. It will stop raining and you will have an opportunity to hunt before the ground freezes.

Back
Top Bottom