Adjusting Compadre Shaft.

Silversmith45

Elite Member
Does any one else have a problem with adjusting the length of the shaft on the Compadre. Even with the lock nut loose, I can't move it. I'm not ready to take a set of vice grips to it.

As much as I love Tesoro detectors I have had a number of them over the years that this has been the case not quite that extreme but hard to adjust just the same. What happens is the lower rod gets made sometime a thousandth of an inch or so larger in diameter than it should be. I have sanded tried lube,etc. If your detector is new give Tesoro a call and see if they will send you another lower rod and shaft.

I have had trouble with mine also a long time ago. I fixed it. Took some sand paper to it. Only sanded down a little. It has helped. One time I even put a little W D 40 on it. DONT DO THAT.. It would hold dirt. I had to use very hot water to get the WD40 off. Just sand a little and clean it good... KEN,, IND.

I actually found a fine sheet of sandpaper (Eye ball find) while detecting. I sanded the rod lightly because it seemed to have a ridge down it. It works fine now.

Back
Top Bottom