Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 07-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Supporter

Default Help/Question Whites BH I.D.

I recently purchased a used Beach Hunter ID. I cannot switch from DISC to ALL METAL, dedicated. I mean, at center (DISC) it is OK. When I switch the toggle to the ALL METAL mode, the toggle pops back to center (DISC). I carefully unscrewed the grey grey rubber coated bolt that covers the toggle, thinking I can maybe clean the rubber boot to make it more pliable. Well I noticed a tear in the rubber, and cleaning it did nothing to resolve my issue.

I called Whites service and the Tech (VERY FREINDLY) Bob told me this was a known issue, and that I should try and manually push the boot down further, and see if that works-usually does. But it did not. I gave him my CC and ordered 2 new(1 b/u) and HOPE this will fix this. Incidentally, after removing the boot, the toggle works fine staying in either the ALL METAL OR DISC until I switch it back....

So, it sounds like Whites knows this is an issue. Are the newer boots made from a different more pliable rubber? Do you think that the existing boot I had was just old and brittle, thus disallowing a more free movement?

Thanks in advance for any heads up , experiences or opinions....

BTW, I hunted a local beach as a try out, for 30 minutes, only the "blanket line, and got 2 quarters, a nickel and a penny(a foot deep) hunting in DISC mode.

Mike

Last edited by MikeLang; 07-25-2007 at 01:10 AM. Reason: sp

Old 07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Elite Member

Mike. Call me tonight about the boots. I'll reimburse you for them.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Supporter

No worries Tony, its only a few bucks. I just wanted to know if anyone else had what appers to be a known issue, per Bob at Whites..
I will call tom. thanks as always,

Mike