Troy Shadow X2

EarPunch

I just recently started hunting and im using a borrowed detector( Garrett groundhog). I mentioned it to my brother and he said that he used to hunt and he still had his old detector. So he brings it over today and gave it to me. Ive never heard of troy detectors, but i hear Tesoro is a good brand and it says "Built by Tesoro" and my brother said it was really good when he bought it. Just curious as to how good a detector it is. It has a pretty cool coin check feature that the garrett doesn't have. Not to mention its about a 1/3 of the weight of the Garrett. I havn't gotten a chance to use it yet though. Anybody know where i can get a owners manuel ?

Troys were custom built by Tesoro. Every review I have ever read about them is positive, in fact they have almost reached a "cult" status.

I have one of the best Tesoro's made, but I would love for someone to give me a Troy!!

Thanks geo, the site really helped me out. The X2 seems to be a coinshooter and relic hunting detector which is what I think I want to pursure. So that works out pretty good. My brother said he only used it about 6 or 7 times so its practically brand new. I almost want to give it back and try to get him to start hunting again. Either way I cant' wait to use this thing tomorrow.

I used the X2 for a few years and really like it. It is really easy to use, light and a great coin finder. I switched to a Tejon for more depth, but still use the Shadow as a backup.

Im about to go out in the yard for a little bit and see if i can find some coins I missed with the groundhog. Im still new so im not sure if everything is even set right on either machine, but ill let yall know if i find anything.

Back
Top Bottom