Power Lines?

NJBOB

I came across a park that looks promising but there is a run of power lines running across about 250-300 yards from where I would be working.

I have a sovereign gt and was just wondering how far away from power lines do I need to be?

Anyhow I'm going to give it try tonight and see for myself, but wondering if there was any thoughts on the distance one needs to be away from these things.

What kind of powerline? Like city to city, region to region or just few cables connecting a house or a village in middle of nowhere?
In case of the last ones no, not possible at that distance.
But with high voltage powelines yes, very possible. Notice also for safety these towers could have lightning rods dug in the earth - around them stretching quite far away!

Use Your machine as usual, lower the sensitivity whenever the machine starts Falsing. Check once in a while to verify that You are still running Your detector as hot as the ground/surroundings permits.

Close to a radar, You'll find that the machine is Falsing every time the radar points in Your direction - There's no easy way around that, unless You have some very good connections :-)

HH.

/Steffen

I have a great location that has power lines running through it and just can't
hunt it because of the EMI.

Well I didn't make it out last night and we are getting snow and rain today so....to be continued

Power lines 250 --300 yards is long distance away. I have hunted a lot closer than that to power lines. Sometimes if your to close, you have to lower the sensitivity to be able to hunt.

guys every machine is different and I would not let a powerline stop me ... if it acts up take the steps above ... cross the bridges as you get to them don't let them stop you from even trying to get there ... who knows you just might learn something

Back
Top Bottom