Railroad Button Find

ShankYouVA

Hey y'all....found this railroad button over the weekend...found with a brass rivet and a double gilt flat button....curious about what this is from...looks like it says L & B...or maybe L G B.

Been tearing my hair out trying to ID...looks like it was a two piece button...the back is completely munched...the whole thing is pretty toasty.

If anyone has any info, please let me know!

Thanks!
B

Attachments

• trainbutton.jpg
    trainbutton.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 122
Hey y'all....found this railroad button over the weekend...found with a brass rivet and a double gilt flat button....curious about what this is from...looks like it says L & B...or maybe L G B.

Been tearing my hair out trying to ID...looks like it was a two piece button...the back is completely munched...the whole thing is pretty toasty.

If anyone has any info, please let me know!

Thanks!
B
Probably not a button but a round pin, or button pin used on lapel, or on hat thats missing the pin on the back would be my guess. LGB is a model train maker here is a LGB pin on line.
20181112_120220.jpg
LGB stands for Lehmann Gross Bahn - the "Lehmann Big Railway" in German. Made by Ernst Paul Lehmann Patentwerk in Nuremberg, Germany, since 1968[1] and by Märklin since 2007, it is the most popular garden railway model in Europe, although there are also many models of U.S. and Canadian prototypes.[2] LGB caused a revival of garden model railroading in the United States when it was introduced.[2] LGB is sold in North America through Wm. K. Walthers, who took over from Ernst Paul Lehmann's subsidiary, LGB of America, when Märklin bought the LGB assets. Most of the European prototypes were manufactured in Germany, while much of the North American rolling stock was made in China. Production is now located in Hungary.

Probably not a button but a round pin, or button pin used on lapel, or on hat thats missing the pin on the back would be my guess. LGB is a model train maker here is a LGB pin on line.
View attachment 428955
LGB stands for Lehmann Gross Bahn - the "Lehmann Big Railway" in German. Made by Ernst Paul Lehmann Patentwerk in Nuremberg, Germany, since 1968[1] and by Märklin since 2007, it is the most popular garden railway model in Europe, although there are also many models of U.S. and Canadian prototypes.[2] LGB caused a revival of garden model railroading in the United States when it was introduced.[2] LGB is sold in North America through Wm. K. Walthers, who took over from Ernst Paul Lehmann's subsidiary, LGB of America, when Märklin bought the LGB assets. Most of the European prototypes were manufactured in Germany, while much of the North American rolling stock was made in China. Production is now located in Hungary.

I had seen that company in my research, but I had mostly ruled it out, mainly because of where I found it, and also it being German. I sure does seem like it was a two piece button...I didn't post a picture of the back.
I'll certainly be looking into the company and info you have given, especially the Wm. K. Walthers lead.

Much appreciated!!!

Thanks!
B

Back
Top Bottom