Tumbling Coins.

What was the media you used on the brass?
I use corn cob dry media with a cap of Flitz polish and lemi shine. The lemi shine is a dishwasher aditive, so works good with water. I use a vibrating tumbler. I have 2 of them and i have a large wet drum type also. I used to sell brass for reloading and shipped it all over rhe country, but i reload also usually several thousand at a time, so when i clean brass i do say 3-5 gal at a time.
20181111_233821.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-233726.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-234407.jpg
Throw a little Lemi Shine in with whatever your cleaning next rime and ill bet you use it from rhen on!

I want to thank everyone for the great advice in tumbling my coins. I looked for the lemi shine and could not find it here. So Iv just went ahead and threw them in the tumbler with my ceramic tumbling media and a few drops of Dawn. Ran a bath of pennies and a batch of clad, ran both for two cycles. The clad still has a grey tint but I can deal with it. I guess I was looking for that right from the bank look :grin: Its a bit chilly here in North Central Indiana today with a chance of that four letter word but I think Im going to head out and do a bit of curb stripping in an older part of town. Wish me luck! :D

I know that this subject has been beat to death, but I was wondering what those of you who tumble coin what recipe you use. Today I tumble 2 separate batches, one with just pennies and the other just clad. I used ceramic medium with 3 or 4 drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid. I tumbleed each batch for at least 2 hours. I'm just not happy with the results. Not sure if I tumbled to much at one time or what. Was thinking of maybe using baking soda and water. Any suggestions?

Man, ive tumbled some rough clad in the past and before i had a tumbler i put coins in a gatorade bottle with clean sand with a drop or so of dish soap and put it on the treadmill for an hour or so..alway clean enough for the machine..but i would mostly take the quarters and dimes to a gas station when im there and there always happy to take the 25s and dimes..the nikels and pennys i just keep saving one day ill roll em up or coinstar em..id take them to the gas station too if it didnt take so long to count em
Coin star just cuts into the profit when all the bending and digging doesnt pay much as it is

Coin star just cuts into the profit when all the bending and digging doesnt pay much as it is

If you choose Amazon credit, Coinstar doesn’t take a commission. Full value goes onto an Amazon gift number that prints straight from the Coinstar machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want to thank everyone for the great advice in tumbling my coins. I looked for the lemi shine and could not find it here. So Iv just went ahead and threw them in the tumbler with my ceramic tumbling media and a few drops of Dawn. Ran a bath of pennies and a batch of clad, ran both for two cycles. The clad still has a grey tint but I can deal with it. I guess I was looking for that right from the bank look :grin: Its a bit chilly here in North Central Indiana today with a chance of that four letter word but I think Im going to head out and do a bit of curb stripping in an older part of town. Wish me luck! :D

Running nickels with clad will cause that grey tint, I dunno why but it does.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Back
Top Bottom