Nokta Anfibio Series Detectors User’s Manual (English) and Brochure

Would you say this is just a waterproof Impact? I like my Impact and plan on keeping it for sure, but that being said I am about to finally take the plunge on a Nox 800.

Would you say this is just a waterproof Impact? I like my Impact and plan on keeping it for sure, but that being said I am about to finally take the plunge on a Nox 800.

I'm kind of thinking the aftermarket coil options alone would Mae it a better option. You can grab 3 aftermarket coils per one Deus coil. If it's as fast that would pretty much seal the deal for me.

I ran a Nox 800 for about an hour the other day. I know not much time, but I really liked it a lot. It seemed faster than my Impact and I liked the tones better. I am far from an expert, but with my Impact some days it seems like it's on and solid, then sometimes I struggle with the ID not being dependable. I feel like I am taking too long to figure out if I want to dig a target or not. I know it has to be totally something site related. I have EMI issues with it too a lot of times.

Comments regarding the Anfibio series.

timbertodd said:
The anfibio multi has my interest.
The Anfibio 'series' are impressive in several ways. Matter-of-fact, I'll be making a cross-state drive this week to be there for a detector group gathering just south of Portland, that is if enough people say they'll attend. Here's the e-mail that was sent out: "Is anyone interested in an evening meeting on Friday, Nov. 9, at the Wendy's in Tualatin?" Naturally I'll have my Anfibio Multi along if anyone is interested in checking it out, so if you could make it, let me know. If you'll be tied up Friday evening just shoot me an e-mail. I'll maybe be in there Thursday and possibly out Coin Hunting in your general area. :D

big treble said:
can't lie, this interest me more than the nox or deus.
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' detector so some are going to like different models for different reasons and visa-versa. Last April and again in May on two Welcome-to-Hunt Outings I had an opportunity to compare a Makro Multi-Kruzer, White's MX-7 and a few other detectors I had along with me with both EQ-800's and XP Deus models on a few seminar test samples I use. We also did some 'in-air' comparisons on a melted aluminum can blob. The object I had just recovered was about as long as my little finger then a shorter 'L' shape piece about 1"-1½" on one end that was also about my finger diameter.

Melted blob was laying on top of a bare dirt pile I tossed it on. A friend with his EQ-800 walked up and waved his 11" coil over it and checked out how high he could raise the coil and still get a dig-worthy response. Another friend with his White's came over to view what we were doing.

Once the EQ-800 had adjustments made and Sensitivity increased as best as possible out in that ghost town, the three of us could see and hear the response and coil height attainable with the Equinox. I then compared the performance with the unit I was using at the time, and it matched the EQ-800 or just slightly bettered it. That was with a Makro Multi-Kruzer and the round 7" Concentric coil.

In the 2-Tone mode I could lift that coil an additional inch or more, and using the DEEP mode showed another inch or two depth difference. On both outings I compared 'depth' performance using a raised coil after a target was selected, against an EQ-800 w/11" DD and a Deus w/elliptical HF coil. Once again I could grab the Multi-Kruzer or a Racer 2 or Impact or White's MX-7 and match or better the other two models. That was all done using a 7" Concentric coil or the 6½" Concentric on the MX-7.

longbow62 said:
would you say this is just a waterproof impact? I like my impact and plan on keeping it for sure, but that being said i am about to finally take the plunge on a nox 800.
NO. I also like the Impact and it's balance and feel, but the Anfibio Multi does provide different in-the-field performance in some modes, plus it has an additional mode not found on the Impact. It also has some adjustment features that are very functional.

big treble said:
i'm kind of thinking the aftermarket coil options alone would mae it a better option. You can grab 3 aftermarket coils per one deus coil. If it's as fast that would pretty much seal the deal for me.
'After-market' generally refers to accessories not made by the detector manufacturer. Yes, there are some out there, but the number of well designed Nokta-Makro factory offered search coils is rather impressive, and I prefer factory accessory coils to "after-market" coils as a general rule.

longbow62 said:
i ran a nox 800 for about an hour the other day. I know not much time, but i really liked it a lot.
Many detectors can be 'likeable' but over time we might encounter a few different site challenges where they will not perform as anticipated and we can use a different make or model that tackles the task better. Or, naturally, some people just might discover enough negatives to part with a model.

longbow62 said:
It seemed faster than my impact ...
Being 'faster' or show 'quick-response' can be good, but that doesn't always mean a "fast detector" will also be good at processing rejected or Discriminated targets and still be able to recover quickly for accepted-target response in a densely trash-contaminated site. Make sure you evaluate that as well.

longbow62 said:
... and i liked the tones better.
Audio is an important topic, to be sure. For example, I just do not care for the audio of the XP Deus. The few brief times I've borrowed or compared signals with friends using an Equinox 800, the audio was better, for me, than the Deus, but here we are comparing the new Nokta-Makro Anfibio, and I really enjoy the ability to select the audio tone pitch I want and assign it (Save it) for most Discriminate modes.

longbow62 said:
I am far from an expert, but with my impact some days it seems like it's on and solid, then sometimes i struggle with the id not being dependable. I feel like i am taking too long to figure out if i want to dig a target or not. I know it has to be totally something site related. I have emi issues with it too a lot of times.
EMI, mixed-metal alloy of the target, target orientation, target depth, ground mineral make-up, functional Ground Balance, search coil size, search coil type, search coil presentation aka sweep speed, selected detector settings, and other factors can all influence the numeric VDI response. All detectors can be unstable or reflect a little more inconsistent Target ID behavior at times. None are going to be 'perfect.'

Anyone who makes many repeatable sweeps over a target to try and establish a rock-solid VDI 'lock-on' is taking too much time to try and decide if they want to recover a target or not. For well over 53 years I have been using all sorts of metal detectors, long before there was visual Target ID to today, 35 years after TID was introduced here in the USA.

From my start in March of 1965 to now in November of 2018 I have always relied on the same definitive technique to search for and find desirable targets, an that is to rely on the 'Beep-DIG!' procedure. All of the devices have one thing in common: They detect metals!

Progressively through the years we have advanced to having variable Discrimination to reject some trash, if we want to. To using Ground Balance to counter the effects of hunting in more mineralized environments. To Tone ID to help try to audibly classify some targets by conductivity. Then to have Coin Depth to help give a rough idea of a coin's approximate depth. And finally to visual Target ID, either by a referenced target name or more with a more functional numeric VDI read-out ... but still it is only a tool to try to help us, and they can only suggest a target's possibility based upon conductivity and many outside factors.

I only occasionally glance at a numeric VDI read-out just to get a rough idea, but have already made the determination to use the lowest Discrimination level and higher Sensitivity level I can to achieve peak performance, and then recover all 'iffy' to 'rock-solid' audio responses.

Taking a look at a detector's display only provides a detector's guess of what might be down there and out of sight. Recover the targets and take a look at it, then you'll know exactly what was there and if you want to keep it or not. I can often get a signal, pinpoint it, recover it, and get back underway while many I might be detecting with are still waving their magic wand trying to let it guess what they encountered. I don't like to waste time, or walk away from a potentially good target just because the detector didn't guess right.

Just my thoughts.

Monte

Back
Top Bottom