First Decent Hunt In Months!!!

wvdave107

Elite Member
First off, Hello to everyone. Missed all y'all. Been insanely busy the better part of the year:(….Work really gets in the way of detecting...:lol:

Went out for a couple of hours this evening just to knock of the cobwebs and did ok, or at least better than I've done in quite awhile. Nothing extravagant, but enough to keep the fire burnin'.

Found a vacant lot that has recently had an old house torn down, fella next to it said it was close to or over a hundred years old. Most of the homes on that particular street are...Small lot, but kept me busy for about an hour 1/2 - 2 hours... Nine Wheaties dating back to 1942 and what appears to be an old miners tag, not sure. Just a number no other identifying markings. The VW emblem was found close to the curb. Not too sure what the yellow thing is and the cylinder item looks a piston of some sort. Any info appreciated...Glad to be back hope all is well with everyone!!!!!

Attachments

• 21 oct. 2018..jpg
    21 oct. 2018..jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 21 Oct. 2018.jpg
    21 Oct. 2018.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 21 Oct 2018.jpg
    21 Oct 2018.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 134
Work is a nasty four letter word that I do everything possible to avoid. Glad you got the opportunity do get out.

This week I am deer hunting so detecting will have to wait.

Great to see you getting a few good swings in again! A miner’s tag is a pretty good guess for the numbered tag. It’s also possible that it was a tool check tag, for tracking who has a particular item checked out of a tool room - hard to say without other identifying marks. Good hunt!

Back
Top Bottom