• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

CTX 3030 or Etrac is a no go this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN_INDIAN

Forum Supporter
Well just got word that the Gov has collected my income tax refund due to some kind of old bill I had with them. So that means no big upgrade this year so maybe not ment to be. I believe everything happens for a reason tho. I did win a f2 8'' coil tho. Was already looking into buying another f2 for when my gf r a buddy tags along and when I hunt private yards this year the home owner can use the f2 while I use the f75se if they choose to do so. Have lots of old houses in my area that I have big plans for still tho. And I can still get the Go Pro cam as well but no big upgrade on metal detectors this year for sure. So looks like Uncle Sam has made my options clear lol. So its gonna be a f2 and Go Pro and maybe a good yard digging tool like the raptor and some business cards only this year. Gonna send off all my gold and silver and see what I get bak that I have found past year and a half metal detecting. Yup u read rite f2 is gonna be my bak up machine watch out LOL. But the f2 did find me least 20 silver coins my first year detecting btw and nice sak of gold jewelry my first year detecting. Love and have missed the f2 ever since I sold it. So maybe the 3030 r etrac next year thanks for reading HH.

Things do come up, maybe next year.

Yup no check for me this year so the ctx and etrac is out of the question for now. Just wasn't ment to be. needed to learn my f75 better anyways before going to another detector lol. But I sure did want a minelab! Maybe next year unless I get a lot of ot sometime this year which is likely.

Well just got word that the Gov has collected my income tax refund due to some kind of old bill I had with them. So that means no big upgrade this year so maybe not ment to be. I believe everything happens for a reason tho. I did win a f2 8'' coil tho. Was already looking into buying another f2 for when my gf r a buddy tags along and when I hunt private yards this year the home owner can use the f2 while I use the f75se if they choose to do so. Have lots of old houses in my area that I have big plans for still tho. And I can still get the Go Pro cam as well but no big upgrade on metal detectors this year for sure. So looks like Uncle Sam has made my options clear lol. So its gonna be a f2 and Go Pro and maybe a good yard digging tool like the raptor and some business cards only this year. Gonna send off all my gold and silver and see what I get bak that I have found past year and a half metal detecting. Yup u read rite f2 is gonna be my bak up machine watch out LOL. But the f2 did find me least 20 silver coins my first year detecting btw and nice sak of gold jewelry my first year detecting. Love and have missed the f2 ever since I sold it. So maybe the 3030 r etrac next year thanks for reading HH.

Oh my god, I am shocked!! NOT!!

How did I know the story would end this way. After 2,000 questions too.

I am not laughing at you not getting a return, it is just rather ironic after all your big talk over the last 2 months. Never count those chickens before they hatch.

BTW, Let's see some pics of your "sak of gold jewelry" you found :D

Sorry about no extra money, but this is a good thing in the long run for you in this hobby.
Just take this whole season and devote it to learning that F75.
No other distractions, no wasting time comparing in the field, no worrying about the what ifs....
Just get out there and swing and dig and learn.
This is going to be a learning year for me and the F70, one unit at a time is all I really want to take on so I can give it my best effort.
I expect to find some great things along the way, too.
Do the same and try to become extremely confident in that F75 and what it can do and the same advice holds for anyone swinging any detector no matter what brand, model or price range.
If you do that will be the best way to ultimately find the good stuff and have the most fun, I believe.

I can't figure this out...should be little to no learning curve...you found 20 silver and a 'sac' of gold with the F2...a F75 LTD is...a F2 with a bad case of 'roid rage...it should dominate the hunting grounds. How in the hell have you not found 100 silvers with it yet?

I was wanting to get an E trac this year too but I got screwed on my taxes like always...I worked 2 FULL TIME jobs all year and am gettin 1200 bucks back..no kids and not married they really SCREW you on taxes.

I ended up buying an old surfmaster and an explorer instead..Kinda happier in a way cuz now I have an all water mnachine and a good land machine..

The way I figure Il just buy a CTX in 5 years when they are going for cheaper.

I've had friends in the hobby get bit by the "more expensive" bug, telling me to get ready to be slammed on better finds and...............it didn't pan out. It happens.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch!

Oh my god, I am shocked!! NOT!!

How did I know the story would end this way. After 2,000 questions too.

I am not laughing at you not getting a return, it is just rather ironic after all your big talk over the last 2 months. Never count those chickens before they hatch.

BTW, Let's see some pics of your "sak of gold jewelry" you found :D

Ok will get it all together after church and from hunting all day. pretty day today with highs in 50s. :D

Sorry about no extra money, but this is a good thing in the long run for you in this hobby.
Just take this whole season and devote it to learning that F75.
No other distractions, no wasting time comparing in the field, no worrying about the what ifs....
Just get out there and swing and dig and learn.
This is going to be a learning year for me and the F70, one unit at a time is all I really want to take on so I can give it my best effort.
I expect to find some great things along the way, too.
Do the same and try to become extremely confident in that F75 and what it can do and the same advice holds for anyone swinging any detector no matter what brand, model or price range.
If you do that will be the best way to ultimately find the good stuff and have the most fun, I believe.

That's the thing tho digger I have already had 1 year on the F75... It was time. 2 years wont hurt tho esp with this depth beast.

Hunt those tot lots with your F2 and you could find enough shiny stuff to buy you a CTX 3030 next year or sooner.

I agree but gold is not what gets me off. Something to do with silver but I love finding gold more and more to.

I can't figure this out...should be little to no learning curve...you found 20 silver and a 'sac' of gold with the F2...a F75 LTD is...a F2 with a bad case of 'roid rage...it should dominate the hunting grounds. How in the hell have you not found 100 silvers with it yet?

Sak of gold came from my 1 and a half years metal detecting and a few eyeball finds. BIG learning curve on the F75 se lol. F2 was a beast of a detector to be called a beginner unit. And reason I have not found 100 silvers is because my first year and a half I stayed and hunted the pooriest part of town outside the city limits. Off the beaten path. Without giving away my future plans to much well lets just say im changing things up this year captrain. Not sayin im gonna be keeping up with u northern yanks but my pockets will be heavy Im sure.

I was wanting to get an E trac this year too but I got screwed on my taxes like always...I worked 2 FULL TIME jobs all year and am gettin 1200 bucks back..no kids and not married they really SCREW you on taxes.

I ended up buying an old surfmaster and an explorer instead..Kinda happier in a way cuz now I have an all water mnachine and a good land machine..

The way I figure Il just buy a CTX in 5 years when they are going for cheaper.

I was suppose to get 2 grand back. Im single with kids but the moms claim them. Gov really really got me leaving me with a 0 dollar check this year . Be greatful of what u did get. Least u got a check . Btw grossed 44 grand this year. That's the less I have made since I was a kid.:laughing:

I've had friends in the hobby get bit by the "more expensive" bug, telling me to get ready to be slammed on better finds and...............it didn't pan out. It happens.

Oh well theres always next year. Just gives me more time {2 years] to have with my f75 in which I was never giving up on her anyways. Just now started clicking with her. Thanks.

And yes I have had more expensive hobbies before like gas powered rc planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom