• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I just discovered the XP Deus, the king of trashy areas?

Great video . As an ATP owner I have been thinking of upgrading my toy and the Deus and T2 are on my list. Granted it was an air test but impressive none the less. I must say though I have the 5x8 coil for my ATP and it does much better in trash than the larger stock coil. One thing about any 11 inch or large coil is that they are tougher to swing in the thickets. But at at least 30% less than a mnelab the Deus is lookin good!

Great video . As an ATP owner I have been thinking of upgrading my toy and the Deus and T2 are on my list. Granted it was an air test but impressive none the less. I must say though I have the 5x8 coil for my ATP and it does much better in trash than the larger stock coil. One thing about any 11 inch or large coil is that they are tougher to swing in the thickets. But at at least 30% less than a mnelab the Deus is lookin good!

I had a at pro and I I own a T2Se and let me tell you the T2 is no joke! It's like a at pro on crack!!!

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

I own an atpro and owned an f75ltd(close to a t2) and I wouldnt consider either next to a deus.....

I own an atpro and owned an f75ltd(close to a t2) and I wouldnt consider either next to a deus.....

What separates the dues from the F75 ltd or t2 Se besides the wireless and weight? I know it's not deeper because this t2 in boost gets stupid deep and as far as recovery speed they are lighting fast. I know the Deus is faster but it cannot be that dramatic of a difference in the field can it?

Someone was asking about bottle caps on the Deus. Check this video. This guy is amazing with a Deus.

Nice. Might have been me. I watched a video about the XY grid.

http://youtu.be/izfzu1egbT4

Guy was showing how bottle caps make the XY grid freak out, lines all over. I thought that's a screen I'd want to pull up while detecting, yet it took like 6 or 7 button presses to get to it.

I emailed XP about shortening the # of buttons. I think they should let you map any screen to a button. By their reply, I'm not sure they got what I was asking.

Maybe they're... distracted
deusgirl.jpg

I have heard rumors that it was coming in the next update... But the same rumor had it coming out this month and that hasn't happened.

They also said the were skipping 3.3 and going to 3.4. So I guess time will tell.

What separates the dues from the F75 ltd or t2 Se besides the wireless and weight? I know it's not deeper because this t2 in boost gets stupid deep and as far as recovery speed they are lighting fast. I know the Deus is faster but it cannot be that dramatic of a difference in the field can it?

Not nearly as chatty for one. No batteries to deal with, just plug in to USB and charge, no annoying overload, much better on the beach, collapsible for easy storage/transport, faster(and you bet your butt you can notice in the field vs the F75SE/LTD) I upgraded from an F75SE and reluctantly I might add. I LOVED that machine and still think it's awesome. BUT the deus really is that much better. Just not having wires alone is a HUGE plus. No more snagging on stuff in the woods. The weight as you mentioned is also a huge factor and the F75 was pretty light. The deus, you can swing all day long and not feel like your arm is gonna fall off. I don't mean to sound like the typical fanboy who thinks their detector is gods gift to the detecting world. The deus really does rock though. My complaint is price/lack of a sniper coil.

Last edited:
Not nearly as chatty for one. No batteries to deal with, just plug in to USB and charge, no annoying overload, much better on the beach, collapsible for easy storage/transport, faster(and you bet your butt you can notice in the field vs the F75SE/LTD) I upgraded from an F75SE and reluctantly I might add. I LOVED that machine and still think it's awesome. BUT the deus really is that much better. Just not having wires alone is a HUGE plus. No more snagging on stuff in the woods. The weight as you mentioned is also a huge factor and the F75 was pretty light. The deus, you can swing all day long and not feel like your arm is gonna fall off.

Ty for the reply! Sounds like a nice unit

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se. How does it's performance in the field compare to the f75?

Not nearly as chatty for one. No batteries to deal with, just plug in to USB and charge, no annoying overload, much better on the beach, collapsible for easy storage/transport, faster(and you bet your butt you can notice in the field vs the F75SE/LTD) I upgraded from an F75SE and reluctantly I might add. I LOVED that machine and still think it's awesome. BUT the deus really is that much better. Just not having wires alone is a HUGE plus. No more snagging on stuff in the woods. The weight as you mentioned is also a huge factor and the F75 was pretty light. The deus, you can swing all day long and not feel like your arm is gonna fall off. I don't mean to sound like the typical fanboy who thinks their detector is gods gift to the detecting world. The deus really does rock though. My complaint is price/lack of a sniper coil.

Dont forget updates over your pc, multiple frequency choices, now with the 11" coil available as an option that the depth difference has been reduced, and along with new xp water kit you can take it in the water. To me the deus is the future and first Texas needs to get off their butts and come out with a new machine

I guess for now I'm going to try the 5x8 for my AT PRO.

Coming from an Ace 250, I am enjoying Pro Mode. I got a 10 x 14 excelerator coil for the Ace but it just made it feel imbalanced. I was ready for an upgrade to a wet machine after one season with the Ace, and no matter what I upgrade to I'm keeping the Pro for all wet hunting and buddy machine.

It's tough not jumping > $1000 machine though after looking at the high end tech perform. All the videos of the E-trac over the last few years. All the gopro cameras strapped to vests. I'm guilty of that myself I run a photography blog (that I've worked on less since getting back into MDing).

I do know I need that 5x8's trash separation here in my yard. 200 year old house they must not have had trash pickup because the iron bits and nails are packed in the yard by the barn but I have scored one Merc.

I've got 2 acres of woods but I'm gonna wait till it's cooler to venture in there. When I saw that Deus video of everything Minelab, Garrett and Fisher missing the coin with nails on the wood planks, I heard angels sing. However you feel about the French, they do make a sexy metal detector. Some clever innovation around it, even coaxial coil and an iphone case sold on ebay to make the Deus a water-to-the-wast machine. And even a wristwatch for the control puck.

There's a Deus dealer about an hours drive. Lookout next season.

I know this an older thread, however, I would like to throw my 2 cents at this one.

I have been using the Deus for about 3 months and I can say that the 11" coil separates better than most detectors with an 8" coil NO PROBLEM. I think the reason is the Deus just has the fastest recovery speed out there. I don't even own a 9" coil...yet.

As far as the older, rusty bottle caps are concerned, the Deus does LOVE them, however, after digging about 20 of them and listening to the audio, I found that bottle caps give a scratchy sound as you sweep the DD coil over them. They may ring in like a quarter, but the tone is not solid...it scratches. I primarily use 8Khz.

I have used several different metal detectors over the year and the Deus is by far the best one I have owned.

I know this an older thread, however, I would like to throw my 2 cents at this one.

I have been using the Deus for about 3 months and I can say that the 11" coil separates better than most detectors with an 8" coil NO PROBLEM. I think the reason is the Deus just has the fastest recovery speed out there. I don't even own a 9" coil...yet.

As far as the older, rusty bottle caps are concerned, the Deus does LOVE them, however, after digging about 20 of them and listening to the audio, I found that bottle caps give a scratchy sound as you sweep the DD coil over them. They may ring in like a quarter, but the tone is not solid...it scratches. I primarily use 8Khz.

I have used several different metal detectors over the year and the Deus is by far the best one I have owned.

GREAT POST! Totally agree on the 11" seeming like an 8" or smaller for separation. Best machine I have ever used for that.

In the video he did not do the wiggle test with the ATP like he did with the Deus. That Deus does look like a super fast recovery speed!!:shock:

Back
Top Bottom