Minelab Equinox Screen Protectors

goodmore

Forum Supporter
So why can't we just get a stack of English protectors. Why the United Nations pack?

Anyone else notice that the pull tabs on all the screen protectors are in English?

Ya

Ill take a pack of 10 English, my original is coming off one side , the other's kinda worthless , unless you know all the languages , maybe the sponsor's can chime in here ??

Ill take a pack of 10 English, my original is coming off one side , the other's kinda worthless , unless you know all the languages , maybe the sponsor's can chime in here ??

You know Earl, I don’t think I have seen the oem protectors listed on any dealers’ sites.

Minelab should be furnishing English only packets to USA dealers imo.

ML gets in your pocket for replacements! I'll just use the international versions and use the on screen icons. I'm using a Portuguese one now after goofing up the US one first install.

They could be "good CS about it" and send free ones, or for a buck. Oh well.

Anyone else notice that the pull tabs on all the screen protectors are in English?

I did notice that when I unpacked mine - gave me a little chuckle :grin:

Minelab should be furnishing English only packets to USA dealers imo.

They could be "good CS about it" and send free ones, or for a buck. Oh well.

I agree, TNSS and Martin...kind of cheesy if it's true that there's no way to get an easy replacement or a package of protectors in English only.

But to play devil's advocate, I wonder how long I'll really need the text guidance for the settings menus - even after just a couple hours of use, I've already found that I refer to it less. After a season or so, I imagine I won't need it at all. In fact, page 9 of the Equinox manual says "For screen protectors in languages you will not use, cut the black section off carefully with sharp scissors, and then apply as usual"...in effect, that gives me a set of 15 extra screen protectors.

Between him and Calabash Minelab should be making the phone calls this morning to get the English pack made.

I really haven't looked at the tabs much, if any, in navigating the menu, beyond the first week or two of having the Nox. Kinda bugged me in the beginning, just cuz, but not anymore.

The icons are elementary

Any new equinox user should first cut off the bottom part and apply. Then put on the window separate. Just cut the foreing language off the rest and chunk in the garbage. Save only the clear parts;)

Tnss

You should start a thread on this , why can't we get a pack of ten English Lang. , the other one's are no good , maybe ML is unaware of this issue , you all way's seem to get the word out , count me in for a English 10 pack, Earl

I will put in my 2 cents, my English one came off the first day. I can speak enough Spainish to be dangerous so I put that one on. Then I realized I don’t know that much Spainish. So I took it off and got a protector that covers the whole unit. (Mostly to keep the screen clean) I agree the machine is simple enough that I didn’t need the Minelab Protector no matter language is had on it.

Any new equinox user should first cut off the bottom part and apply. Then put on the window separate. Just cut the foreing language off the rest and chunk in the garbage. Save only the clear parts;)

I think this was actually in the manual. When I ordered my 800, I read all the way through the manual online before it arrived. Seems like I recall that they actually suggest cutting the foreign languages off of the protectors in languages other than your own. This leaves you with a nice stack of replacement protectors.

Back
Top Bottom