Guitar Appreciation Thread

Second only to my detecting is love of playing guitar. I see pure art when I see a well built guitar. To me there is few things as beautiful as a great guitar. Not only are they a work of art but in the right hands can make magic. It can relieve stress and allow one to express their own personal feeling they could never describe. I started playing guitar very young and its the only thing I've done longer than detecting.

Me with my first guitar.

Terry_Kenny.jpg

From Country.

maddog_mutjeffs.jpg

Through the 70's

loosechange_1.jpg

To Heavy Metal of the 80's

Switch_with_hair_jpg.jpg

My favorite. A mint 2014 120th Anniversary Les Paul Standard Plus. Flawless without a blemish. I'm so particular I take off my belt, phones and anything that could possibly put even the smallest blemish in it. Funny thing is, and I've never understood this, if you take a nice mint guitar and let it age 40 years and it becomes very valuable. But, you can also take a brand new mint guitar beat the !!!! out of it making it look 40 years old, called "Relic" and people will pay a fortune for it?

They grade the "maple flame top" on a scale of A to AAAA. My baby is rated a AAAA.

My baby.

10_2_2016_20.jpg

10_2_2016_21.jpg

With my other baby.
10_2_2016_24.jpg

10_2_2016_13.jpg

10_1_2016_LP9.jpg

Wish I still had some of my old guitars.
62 Les Paul JR (SG body style)
72 Les Paul Custom
69 Hardtail Strat
72 Telecaster
62 Epiphone Coronet
67 Gibson E 175
Mosrite

And about 100 others

These days my favorite is a Carvin SC90

Good post and one of many things I like to do also.

My Telecaster pictured below and where I like to learn how to play here:

Attachments

• telecaster.jpg
    telecaster.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
Keep the strat as long as you can.

I played my first gig in 1969 at an A&W Christmas party, and my last in 1989 at the University of Oklahoma. Now I have a studio at home and all I do is write my own stuff or just make a lot of noise. A few months ago they had a talent contest at work and I thought what the heck I haven't played in front of a crowd since 1989. We were only given 5 minutes so I put together a Lynyrd Skynyrd medley of Give Me Three Steps and Tuesday's Gone. I was very surprised I won first place and $1,000. I used a backing track I got off the Internet that had only drums, bass.

I also have a mint MIM Fender Strat my brother bought at a garage sale for $50 that plays like a dream.

2007_MIM_strat_1.jpg

Cool thread..

My favorite one..

1928 National Tricone.. made of German silver..

<°)))>{

Attachments

• tricone28.jpg
    tricone28.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 303
Anyone have links to originals they wrote? I'm interested in seeing what you all have created
Here is a link to some of my originals. There are a few Christmas tunes, I always try and do a guitar version of a Christmas song every year, but everything else is mine. Only the drum tracks are not me. I download a drum track and just start adding parts I hear. Some are country, some are rock ballads and some are just weird. But they are all me. Bass, Keys and guitars. They don't have lyrics because I've just never liked any of my singing.

http://detectorplace.com/music/Inprog/

Here is a link to some of my originals. There are a few Christmas tunes, I always try and do a guitar version of a Christmas song every year, but everything else is mine. Only the drum tracks are not me. I download a drum track and just start adding parts I hear. Some are country, some are rock ballads and some are just weird. But they are all me. Bass, Keys and guitars. They don't have lyrics because I've just never liked any of my singing.

http://detectorplace.com/music/Inprog/

I'm listening to all of them now! I like "Let it Go" the best and so glad you weren't channeling your inner Disney :)

I'm listening to all of them now! I like "Let it Go" the best and so glad you weren't channeling your inner Disney
I think that song had some REO influence to it. They were one of my favorite bands back in the 70's and I always felt it has some REO Speedwagon to it.

Not sure what happened to the song Jumpstart but it's just a bunch of noise.

This one is one of my all time favorite guitar instrumentals. Written back in the 60's when we had REAL music. :D

Back
Top Bottom