NEW! Garrett AT Pro (Updated 10/04/2010 with Video)

doug2060

Forum Supporter
NEW! Garrett AT Pro

The Garrett AT Pro. It's a very good looking detector with some nice features. The more I hear about this detector the more I want it. From what I can find it will be in the $500 to $600 range with a November release date.

Here are some videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP6vrZLaSyY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1LA4rClHJo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twcYLgoHBuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFxy3b4lBfw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHHRFAk4ld4

garrettatpropic2.jpg

atpropic3.jpg

Garrettatpropic1.jpg

at_pro_controls1.jpg

Water immersion and VDI...is that a first?!? :wow: :clap:

It's in the MXT frequency range at around 14-15kHz. This unit will kill MXT sales because it can go in water up to 10ft! I'm liking that!!!

This is what I've been waiting for, esp. if it's around $500+ range. I was looking at the Fisher CZ-21, but it's 2x + the money. The only thing that could make any unit better, esp. a water unit, is a longer warranty. :D

I'm not sure what "High-Res Iron Discrimination" is, but I hope means it will detect the coin sitting next to a nail. This what the brochure says, but hands on test can only prove it.

Anyone know of any other NEW units coming out? We have the new Ace 350 coming. Is the AT Pro going to come out in the U.S. market this year (Nov)? Any new Whites or Minelabs or others worth looking at?

sounds like alot of features for 5 bills... maybe too many...:roll:
Nov. is a bit late in the season here, I would like to arm myself sooner than that for the fall season!;)

It's in the MXT frequency range at around 14-15kHz. This unit will kill MXT sales because it can go in water up to 10ft! I'm liking that!!!

This is what I've been waiting for, esp. if it's around $500+ range. I was looking at the Fisher CZ-21, but it's 2x + the money. The only thing that could make any unit better, esp. a water unit, is a longer warranty. :D

I'm not sure what "High-Res Iron Discrimination" is, but I hope means it will detect the coin sitting next to a nail. This what the brochure says, but hands on test can only prove it.

Anyone know of any other NEW units coming out? We have the new Ace 350 coming. Is the AT Pro going to come out in the U.S. market this year (Nov)? Any new Whites or Minelabs or others worth looking at?
....Kill MXT sales.......Not a chance in heck...A few will buy just to try it to see if it works.....MXT is proven...AT Pro is not.....
sounds like alot of features for 5 bills... maybe too many...:roll:
Nov. is a bit late in the season here, I would like to arm myself sooner than that for the fall season!;)

Grampy.......MXT is your calling....

There are now some sites taking pre-orders for this detector. So far the price is being listed at $699.00. Unfortunately I have to wait a few months. If anyone finds more info on this MD please be sure to post it.:)

It takes a special detector to hunt salt water. I want to hear how it does in the wet sand. It would be nice to have a detector that can take a wave and still tell me I'm wasting my time on a Zincoln. But if you have to back it down in the wet sand I'll keep what I have. At least the color makes it look like a tool instead of a toy.

RWJR13 wrote:
....Kill MXT sales.......Not a chance in heck...A few will buy just to try it to see if it works.....MXT is proven...AT Pro is not.....

And Garrett isn't proven???

If I had the money, I'd buy the V3i, E-Trac or CZ-21. I'd have the best land and water units reviewed and tried, but I, like many, don't have the money to buy the top units.

The Ace 250, for it's price, is great, look at the sales and look at the finds. My main issue with the Ace 250 is Iron discrimination while discriminating good stuff next to iron. I know that different coils would help with this issue, and they are on my "want list".

I think the MXT, from reading, sounds like a great unit, but every mfg has to build to compete with the competition in performance, price and features. And the units on eBay that consistently hold their value and have the highest bids are....water units. So the smartest thing a MD company could do, esp. Garrett, is upgrade the Ace 250, which they are doing with the 350 to solve some of the Iron issue's, and make unit that is price point below a MXT, that runs at 15kHz to help in prospecting, can do salt and GO IN UNDER WATER. This is the most key feature. Even if it's only 10', at least I would be able to dig while wading and not worry.

Whites will lose sales big time because of this unit, "IF" the AT Pro can do as advertised.

"And Garrett isn't proven???" ... Yes Garrett is.... " "IF" the AT Pro can do as advertised.".....That is the answer we all want to know........They all win and lose on what their detectors can do and can't.....I sure like the new color scheme of it and it's set up...Hope it's a winner for them......We have several retired and current Garrett employees that go to our club here.....Hope to see one soon.... oh, yeah...I like the suttle "MXt" hidden in your user name....see, you know....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If, and that is IF, it has any salt water capability whatsoever it may become the best all-around single detector available. And under $600 that's just great! It will be interesting to follow the first reviews and see what people think.

If, and that is IF, it has any salt water capability whatsoever it may become the best all-around single detector available. And under $600 that's just great! It will be interesting to follow the first reviews and see what people think.

I'm hearing that it will be salt water capable and that was one of the main things to be expected from it. Time will tell.

If it's being advertised for beach hunting, for water (shoreline, docks, piers, rivers) and has manual GB, then salt minerals not be a problem.

Kellyco has a pre-order price which $100 lower than retail. Do you folks know if that is an introductory price and will likely go up or do you think it will stay at $594?

I know I would be happy with this unit, cause I'm happy with the Ace 250. And I know that Garrett has worked on the Iron issue's and salt issue's. So I might put an order in or wait for the reviews! Our club has some dealers and I'll have to ask them if they get demos early.:p

Great layout by Garrett: http://www.garrett.com/at_pro/index.htm

Back
Top Bottom