VX3 tips ... just upgraded

jbkelly3

Elite Member
I have been hunting with my trusty M6 White's unit ... and doing well. Been thinking about upgrading and the planets finally aligned with the bank. Picked up a gently used VX3 and related items from a buddy who cannot spend time like he once did in the hobby. My issue is that I hear a low hum in the background all the time ..... and of course that is not something I have dealt. Is there a way to adjust the settings to eliminate that irritating distraction? Any tips would be appreciated.

Vx3

Yes you can turn the threshold to silent if you want . I like to run it till it’s barely audible. You will probably want to speed up the recovery speed , because the factory setting is slow. Speed it up as much as you can and still have a smooth audio .the vx3 has some good features....... bad thing is it’s hard to know what combo of settings works . Oh and your right VP9SK. No substitutes HH Tony

The problem with turning threshold volume all the way down is you won't know when you are over trash or not (unless you are hunting wide open). The threshold gives you LOTS of information. I would turn it down, but not off. The more information you get, the better.
You will get used to the hum and learn to like it.

Back
Top Bottom