• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A Newbie.....

Jimthediyguy

Hello all. New here and yo detecting. Wife knows more than she lets on about it as it was a hobby for her and her kids till they moved out. She got me a detector for Christmas so I need to get out there. Moving to a new job, New state in 2 weeks so have been researching local laws at new locale. Any pointers, please shoot em my way. JP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard! No place on the net like here, that's for sure!
If you have time, heres a 12 page thread I (and others) compiled for just your scenario!

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=202666

I'd strap in though, that one may call for some coffee
Thanks Swing. Just now finished reading the thread. Lots to digest there. I will ask the police department about those strips. The town I'm moving to was founded in 1727, I believe, so there are some sections that are quite old but they are close to the river and that area has flooded several times over the last 2 centuries.

I am anxious to start and learn more though. Thanks for the heads up. JP

Welcome to the forum from Portsmouth, Va. The main thing is to get permission before hunting ANY private property.:yes: Best of luck with your new hunting location.

Hello all. New here and yo detecting. Wife knows more than she lets on about it as it was a hobby for her and her kids till they moved out. She got me a detector for Christmas so I need to get out there. Moving to a new job, New state in 2 weeks so have been researching local laws at new locale. Any pointers, please shoot em my way. JP

First off, let me get the "Welcome to the forum" out of the way because I am REEEAAAALLLLY BAD at the welcoming part!!! :D:p:laughing:

SO, on to what I was getting ready to say :D , get some gloves if you and/or your family don't already have some. There's been, at the very least, 2x incidents to where I could have put a pretty nice cut in my hand if I didn't have any gloves on!!! :yes: One in particular was a small chard of glass that poked into the glove right between my middle finger and ring finger. :shock: The glove "bunched-up" as it slid through the surface of the glove eventually stopping the glass from cutting into my skin. I DID feel the tip of the glass, but it did very little, if at all, skin surface damage. :yes:

Anyways, I'm not saying it is 100% full proof at total protection, but at least you have a chance of not damaging your skin or minimizing the damage.

These are the gloves I use: (NOTE: I just happened to like these)
FirmGrip_gloves.jpg

These are 'newer" style as far as color scheme, but take away the yellow and leave the rest and that's the color scheme of my gloves.

Anyways, HH \_ to you and your family!!!

Oh yeah, did I mention Welcome to the forum??? :yes::lol::D:p:laughing:

Kingman, from Kentucky, moving to Ohio, Butler County. Not really looking forward to it, but, it is what it is. Someone said, "You gotta risk it to get the biscuit!"
Hello & welcome from Az. You didn't say where you are or moving to, anyways
good luck & HH. :tumbleweed:

Back
Top Bottom