Survey markers?

CarsonChris

Elite Member
Had an older gentleman come up to me today and ask if I could help locate some survey markers on his property line. Anyone know what those would show up as on the VDI for the equinox?

I found 2 pennies and a key but no survey markers.

You should be able to get a copy of the plat which shows the layout of the property lines and that should help as far as narrowing down your search area as far as where the corners are at where the markers should be.

I actually found a copy of my plat online and printed it out.

I found mine thru some other site long ago, but just did a search and found this link for your state - https://www.acrevalue.com/plat-map/NV/

Being in a seml-rural area next to woods our markers are actually steel pipes that stick about 2 feet out of the ground :lol:

The front side markers of our property were easy to find, the back two are back in the woods.

Metal markers should rattle your brain when you pass the coil over them. Forget vdi and check for strong signals. In my area they drive a piece of steel pipe in the ground.

I have found some and they have been steel pipes. Sometimes a few inches deep, I suppose they may have been hit with a lawn mower, and the people drive them down after that. I used an ATPro, and had no problem finding them.

I have found some and they have been steel pipes. Sometimes a few inches deep, I suppose they may have been hit with a lawn mower, and the people drive them down after that. I used an ATPro, and had no problem finding them.

Yep, My land has steel pipe.

Back
Top Bottom