EQ 800/600 Armcuff

Coin Operated

I found that the arm cuff on my 800 was too wide to be comfortable and stable. SO.....I put the machine on a table with the handle hanging off the edge and the flattened coil holding the 800 upright. Now for the part where you have to be very, very, very careful. Use the velcro strap to pull and hold the sides of the cuff together, in my case between 1/2"to 3/4". Grab your heat gun on high heat and CAREFULLY apply heat to the base of each "fin", 2-3 seconds per side, one side then the other, trying to apply heat evenly to the base of each "fin". Be careful not to overheat. Do this until each side is pretty hot to the touch (think hot faucet water), then quit and allow the cuff to return to room temperature. Then remove the velcro strap and it should be done. Carefully repeat if necessary. Mine is now a good fit (about the same as my Deus) and much more comfortable.

Good luck and did I mention Be Careful ! :shock:

Sounds like a proper job! One thing that comes to mind, though, is that an oversized cuff may be better when wearing a coat with thick sleeves. Probably not an issue for many, but up north it happens often enough.

Back
Top Bottom