Back at it...

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Haven't been doing much silver hunting lately. Detecting time and range has been limited due to life's other endeavors and obligations. I put in some effort today, and managed a '26P Merc,(#15) a '63D Rosie,(#16) and for today's heartbreaker, rings #14 and 15 FTY attached on a bead chain. Both pretty, but both junk metal. The glass gemstone ring has a patent number in it, but it doesn't match any listed US patents. Fun hunt today! My new counterweighted shaft from Steve really felt good!

Attachments

• DSCN0326.jpg
    DSCN0326.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 408
  • DSCN0329.jpg
    DSCN0329.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 409
Congrats on the finds! I feel your pain on not being able to detect much lately. Is the counterweighted shaft a big help? The ergonomics of my stock Nox have been killing my hand. :(

Congrats on a great hunt. That Merc is in awesome condition. So you say you enjoy Steve's counterweight shaft. HH Mark

Lady Liberty is looking sharp!
Thanks! You should've seen it fresh out of the dirt...just a beautiful sight.

Congrats on the finds! I feel your pain on not being able to detect much lately. Is the counterweighted shaft a big help? The ergonomics of my stock Nox have been killing my hand. :(
Thanks Waveoff. I think it was a big help. It felt a bit heavy with the 2 bags of weight shot he included, so I took one out, and it felt like a good balance. I could definitely tell it was easier on the hand/wrist.

Congrats on the nice finds.
Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Thank you HD!

Congrats on a great hunt. That Merc is in awesome condition. So you say you enjoy Steve's counterweight shaft. HH Mark
Thanks Mark! I like it a lot. First, it now feels and looks more like a thousand dollar machine. The counterweight won't be needed with the 6" coil, but it helps quite a bit with the 11". I can imagine it being essential for a 15", but I don't have that coil...yet. Another thing is the easy length adjustment. I was doing a sloped curb strip, and wanted a little more reach. The lever action clamp with no spring button to deal with was a cinch! Just slide it in or out to exactly where you want it, and clamp it. Eyeball alignment is easy enough, so the spring button is unnecessary.

Very nice hunting Blaise. Congrats on getting back on the Silver train with the Merc and Rosie. Trapper
Thanks Trapper! It felt good to find a couple more silvers! Plus, I had the excitement of thinking I could have a silver half dollar under my coil once. Nice, solid 34 signal on the right size target about 5 inches down. Turned out to be a round brass dealybob instead, but it got me going! Someday...

Wow nice day Tons of coins and a beautiful merc! I am starting a piggy bank for my niece that was recently born with all of my clad. I hope to have some days this summer like that!

Congrats on the cool finds, Blaise! I really like that merc. :cool3:
Thanks! Some coins just have a great look to them. Plain water rinse with minimal rubbing is all I did with this one.

nice finds, that '26 Merc Dime sure looks good!
I noticed my photo really captured the Merc beautifully. That one just has a nice look to it anyway. Thank you!

Wow nice day Tons of coins and a beautiful merc! I am starting a piggy bank for my niece that was recently born with all of my clad. I hope to have some days this summer like that!
Thank you! Good luck slammin' clad and popping treasure this summer! I was just looking at your first ring post. That's a beautiful 925 ring.

Good to see you're back out on the silver. I love Steve's carbon fiber set up also. Obligatory life responsibilities have taken some of my hunting time too. Hope to get out some more next month. Thanks for posting.

Good to see you're back out on the silver. I love Steve's carbon fiber set up also. Obligatory life responsibilities have taken some of my hunting time too. Hope to get out some more next month. Thanks for posting.

Thanks! Among other things, it's morel season now, too, so I have to juggle priorities.

Attachments

• 20190525_173722.jpg
    20190525_173722.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 164
Back
Top Bottom