Xterra 505

2108silver1

Any thoughts on a xterra 505. How do the compare to say a teknetics t2. Same better or below performance of a t2

Any thoughts on a xterra 505. How do the compare to say a teknetics t2. Same better or below performance of a t2

Two totally different machines..had the t2 and a 705..both great but if I had to choose I'd take the 505 for yards and parks,, t2 for fields and wide open spaces.
I'd say the t2 is deeper but the 505 would be easier to run , better tones and information..Cant go wrong with either, but I'd opt for the 705 over 505 with the current prices because the 705 is a excellent machine with many useful features

Thanks

Thanks. Yeah I have a t2 now but only hunt yards and parks . been thinking on picking au a 505 or 705 as a secondary. I do not prospect so maybe the 505 will be better. Been doing a lot of reading online posts etc. Seems the xterrass. Are really good just as you said.

Hi,

I love both detectors.

Unfortunately, the T2s I've tried in my urban area could not cope with moderate to high levels of EMI. Otherwise, like Woodbutcher said, in open spaces and away from high population areas/powerlines the T2 is an incredible detector.

I have never experienced any EMI issues with the X-Terra series. They are fun, solid and very adjustable detectors. I prefer the 505 or the 705 for their manual ground balance, beach use and more noise cancel options. I still have an Irish made X-Terra 50 which I will never sell.

The T2 has lightning quick recovery speed and excellent separation with the right coil. The really big Teknetics DD (13"to 15") is not the greatest coil however. Some say it is just a piece of junk.....Plenty of other good coils and all are waterproof.

The X-Terras do not have exceptional recovery speed or separation so in heavy trash a very small DD coil is good to have. They can use concentric and DD coils. Some of the coils are not waterproof. Love the way you can change the frequency by just changing the coil. New or used is OK, they are built like tanks.

just my experiences,
Jeff

Thanks. Yeah I have a t2 now but only hunt yards and parks . been thinking on picking au a 505 or 705 as a secondary. I do not prospect so maybe the 505 will be better. Been doing a lot of reading online posts etc. Seems the xterrass. Are really good just as you said.

It’s not the prospecting that makes the 705 better for coins,it’s the ground tracking,auto gb,wider bins,Backlight,just a ton of features that make it a better ride..the cost difference is so close it would be a crime not to go with the 705..

It’s not the prospecting that makes the 705 better for coins,it’s the ground tracking,auto gb,wider bins,Backlight,just a ton of features that make it a better ride..the cost difference is so close it would be a crime not to go with the 705..

Yep, Woody hit it right on the head. I'd like to move up to a Nox 800, a Deus or a CTX3030, but I'm so comfortable with the Xterra that it's hard to justify the move. The Xterra is just really flexible, especially with the right coils. Good luck.

I aleays overlooked th xterra. Lack of familiarity. I couldntvfugure out what they compared to.

I've owned MANY first Texas machines and xterras. They're both good but I much prefer the xterras for many reasons but everyone is different so try to use both before choosing if possible.

Back
Top Bottom