Xterra 705

hoser

Forum Supporter
Hi all, I need help determining the value of a Minelab Exterra 705 detector I have and want to sell. It has the stock coil plus the double D coil, carrying bag, the low end phones it came with, and an older Vibra probe 560 PP. I'll be putting it on Craigslist as I don't want to ship it. I got stung doing that once before. Machine is in very good condition, and is about four or five years old. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
$300-350 +/- depending on how fast you want to sell it. You may be able to get more by selling them separately

You can always do a search of sold items on the big auction site and get a feel for what yours should bring. Use the advance search function. I just did a quick search and the basic machine seems to be selling in the range of $350. Your other items should bring a bit better price.

On feebay a 705 alone will bring around $325-350 because you'll have 100x more buyers looking at it. Your chances of selling it any time soon on Craig's will mean a lower price. I have ten+ detectors on Craig's and have sold 15 or more. Fair prices and even though they are cheaper than others listed they still are slow to sell. The bonus is you don't have to pack, pay shipping and 18% in fees. You really won't get much if anything extra for the 2nd coil or pinpointer if you sell it all together. I'd put them on fleebay, Craig's and on here and ship them.

Thanks for the reply's. Only reason I thought of selling is it is not used as we already have four other machines. But maybe it would be to our advantage to just hold on to it just in case. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom