Big Birthday Silver!

my_08vette

Elite Member
So today I celebrated my Birthday by taking my 13 year old son out for a dig to a local school. Was hoping to find some clad and maybe a little silver since the school has some history. I have been on a hot streak with big silver as of late http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=201470.... and was hoping to continue that silver streak. So we get out there and my son goes straight for the playground and I start on the outskirts of the playground. I dug a clad quarter, a dime and a couple pennies and get a pretty deep quarter signal on the CTX. Dug down about 6 inches and out pops a big ole shiny Walker half (one of my favorite coins)! I was stoked and called my son over to check out my find. We dig for another couple hours finding a nice amount of clad. As we are wrapping it up and having our normal contest for most clad on the way to the truck (winner owes the other a quarter!) I hit a deep dime signal. I dug down around 6/7 inches and popped out a clump of dirt and see that silver rim staring at me...:D pulled it out and I could tell it was a merc and could not see the date so instead of wiping it off I saved it until I got home and rinsed it off in water.
My son had a great day as well, he ended up with almost 2 and a half dollars in clad (his finds are the second plate with red writing) ! He found a large spill right under the branch of a tree, we are pretty sure there was a kid hanging upside down and lost their lunch money. Anyway there was over 40 pennies, several dimes he found. His first big pocket spill! I ended up with the half, the merc and almost 3 bucks in clad! All in all it was a Birthday I won't forget! Enjoy the Pics!

Attachments

• DSC05483.JPG
    DSC05483.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 680
  • DSC05489.JPG
    DSC05489.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_2326.JPG
    IMG_2326.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_2329.jpg
    IMG_2329.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 501
  • DSC05485.JPG
    DSC05485.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 527
  • DSC05486.jpg
    DSC05486.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 499
  • DSC05487.JPG
    DSC05487.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 570
  • DSC05488.JPG
    DSC05488.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 519
Congrats on a great hunt with your boy! Looks like the silver 'Ladies' wanted you to have a nice B-Day! Good luck on future hunts. : )

happy birthday glad you got silver on your big day

:grin: those are awsome finds

Congrats on the big silver and Happy Birthday.

Congrats on a great hunt with your boy! Looks like the silver 'Ladies' wanted you to have a nice B-Day! Good luck on future hunts. : )

Congrats on the Merc and Walker...nice birthday hunt!

Congrats on the Silverbacks!! Good job. Detecting with your son has to be fun - glad he's into the hobby as well.

awesome job

Thanks everyone, it was a great day!

Happy birthday!

Great photos!

You are miles ahead of my finds from today! :lol:

Isn't wild when we find these bigger silvers in the ground?

Happy Birthday and congratulations to both you and your son for some great finds.
The Walker and Liberty Dime are remarkable finds but I think the greatest thing found on this outing was how special time spent with our kids really is.
GL and HH

ATP/GPP/Fiskas Diggers/BH Outback/CT Hand held

Happy Birthday what better way to spend it. Detecting with your son. That just doesn't happen much any more in this fast pace we live in. Congrats on the silver .

Happy birthday! Looks like it was a great day!

Back
Top Bottom