Wading Pool?

havenalmighty

Forum Supporter
The park I am investigating today has a wading pool about 1 foot deep. I am wondering if I should investigate it. My detector is water proof, so I am just wondering if I should take the extra time to check it out.

I'm thinking of hitting Lowes or Ace and buying the stuff to make a cheap scoop. I just have to draw up some plans and check out what they have that I could use. I'm already making a "strainer" for beach water digging. Just going to be out of PVC and some wire mesh.

I was just pricing long handled scoops... WOW.. expensive... cost of a lowend MD... RickO

Just remember a water hunters second most important item is his scoop. Doesn't take long to pay for one with the finds...

r14.jpg

bill6.jpg

thgrghjyjnyy.jpg

you can also just get a short handle scoop, remove the rubber on the handle and fit a long pvc piece onto the metal handle;) Thats the way to go. There are some cheap ones on ebay.

I'm thinking of hitting Lowes or Ace and buying the stuff to make a cheap scoop. I just have to draw up some plans and check out what they have that I could use. I'm already making a "strainer" for beach water digging. Just going to be out of PVC and some wire mesh.

i made a big strainer out of wood i was thinking of putting some rockers on it one time its kinda bulkey

Attachments

• strainer001.jpg
    strainer001.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 214
  • strainer002.jpg
    strainer002.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 198
Hoah, I could totally see that being fold able. You know, right down the middle where that brace is? Add some hinges (one way) so that when you strain sand it will hold up. Makes for better transportation;)
i made a big strainer out of wood i was thinking of putting some rockers on it one time its kinda bulkey

it really comes in handy every once in a while when i bring it i was also thinking of puting a like cloth or somthing under neath it like an old time sleuse box for gold mining.

Back
Top Bottom