Lake hunt, Gold and wheaties

Jim Bob

Elite Member
I wasn't going to hunt today cause I had things to do but I decided to make a quick trip across the lake at 6:30. I hit a new spot not more than 300 yards from where I found the silver ring yesterday. My first target was the 14k ring.:shock: I took two scoops and there it was, nothing fancy but it is gold. Then I hit one wheat cent after another, 3 nickels and 10 pennies. All this took place in 2 hours and in an area not more than 50 feet of beach from ankle deep to waist deep. I think I may have stumbled onto another old swimming area with all the wheat pennies so close together. I will be glad when I have time to get a good look around and see if more oldies come up. Good Luck, Jim

Attachments

• 14k 4-H.jpg
    14k 4-H.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 356
  • totals.jpg
    totals.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 341
Nice

Awesome Decision To Go! Paid Off Nicely.i'm Liking The Looks Of This Beach Hunter As I Read Your Posts!
Congrats!
Dave

Fresh water Lake

way cool! sandy bottom I take it? Using a land machine?
It is a sandy bottom for the first 6 inches or so and then mud or white clay. The Whites Beach Hunter ID is totally water proof to 25' deep:shock: But you can use it on land too. Good Luck, Jim

Attachments

• 101_0349.jpg
    101_0349.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 295
  • sand scoop.jpg
    sand scoop.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 289
Big coil

How do you like the BH 300?
I was thinking of getting one.
Hi Tim, I really like the big coil on the BHID.Take a look at the post "took the plunge" by Heavymetalnut on this page. He asked the same thing and I think he got some good responces. I like everything about it.:yes: If the rain will clear up this afternoon I'm going to jump in the lake with it again:lol::lol: Good Luck, Jim

Back
Top Bottom