Yesterdays STRANGE finds

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Hit my favorite swimming spot yesterday and found a few strange items. How about an adjustable wrench that goes around corners? 4 jackknives and a tool with a screwdriver handle that is blunt?

Silver bracelet, silver HRC ring and silver bow with rinestones. And of course the other normal stuff, locks, keys buckles, watch. Seahorse is alunimum and the other ring is junk.

How about a brass thingie with four compartments? I have NO idea what it could have been. Gold eluded me this time. Water was a bit cloudy. Not like this lake normaly.

brass1.jpg

brass2.jpg

brass3.jpg

brass4.jpg

21julybuckles.jpg

21julylocks.jpg

21julystuff.jpg

21julytools.jpg

22julysilver.jpg

Well whatever it is, it's a very elaborate folding scheme... what type of markings are on it, I see like wavy lines.

Very interesting finds as usual. Man that has to be great, getting right down there where the good stuff is. Always enjoy looking at your post.

Cool finds!! That compact thing looks similar to a PIX (spelling??) which is used to take communion to the sick. They usually only have a single compartment though.

Cool finds!! That compact thing looks similar to a PIX (spelling??) which is used to take communion to the sick. They usually only have a single compartment though.

It does indeed appaer to be a brass Pyx... even with all those folding sections, it definitely seems as though a wafer could be placed in the middle.

Bob... longtime ago dig digging I found something similar and it was for pictures it opened up like yours does except mine was made of gold and I sold it to an antique dealer for $380.00 dollars he was drooling for it ;) Nice finds..

very nice finds. the car and other items look really old. i like wherever you are hunting . there has to be something fabulous there.

Thanks all for the replies. Yes it couild be a picture locket or a compact. I was also told by a friend that it was a lovers case. The first opening had a picture of your husband in it. The second opening had a small tin of makeup under it. That tin was removable so when it ran out you could just put another inside. And the bottom opening was for a secret picture of your lover. Anyway it was a fun find.

My favorite find for this place is the small gun that I found. I do hope I get it back from the sheriff department.

Craig, Glad yours was gold!! Now that would have been an awesome find.

Thanks all for the replies. Yes it could be a picture locket or a compact. I was also told by a friend that it was a lovers case. The first opening had a picture of your husband in it. The second opening had a small tin of makeup under it. That tin was removable so when it ran out you could just put another inside. And the bottom opening was for a secret picture of your lover. Anyway it was a fun find.

My favorite find for this place is the small gun that I found. I do hope I get it back from the sheriff department.

Craig, Glad yours was gold!! Now that would have been an awesome find.

Your mention of the gun above reminded I was wondering what you do with real weapons you may find? Maybe I watch to much "Law & Order" and "CSI" shows, but wonder if the guns could be connected to some old unsolved crime??!?:?::D

WOW. that is almost exactly what I found. Thanks very much!! I looked and looked and could NEVER find a picture of it. Poobably made by the same company and mine was probably silver plate. Different design on the outside. Thanks again!

I had to turn the guns over to the local sheriff's office. These guns that I have found have been in the water for a VERY long time. I would NEVER touch a gun if I found it on top of the sand or bottom of a lake, or if it was just recently put where I found it. I would only mark it and get the local police to pick it up.

You would never want to think that you might have disturbed a crime scene or evidence.

Back
Top Bottom