Another good deed.

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
The last time I went out I did find a set of 11 keys in 21' of water. They had 2 small grocery store cards on them. A Kroger and a CVS pharmacy. I called Kroger and they told me they wouldn't give any information. I told them I didn't want any. I wanted them to contact the customer and have them call me. They said NO. I needed to take the keys to a Kroger and they would take it from there. Yea right!! So I called CVS pharmacy. They took the card number put me on hold and tried to call the customer. The number was disconnected. They told me that they would send them a letter. Today I get a call from a gentelman in Ann Arbor MI. He lost the keys 3 years ago while in a kayak. He said that he still is in the house and he still has the car with the security chip in the key. I told him that they would be sent out tomorrow. he was very happy and totally suprised that they were found. He said that he thought they were gone forever.

This is the first time I was able to track down keys.

That's the 1st key return that I have read on here since I've been a member - good going! It's amazing all the things that we have in our society that hold personal information like those little key chain cards.

Great job! Really nice to see the good deeds, also makes you feel good to know that you did something nice! :)

I had that happen last week. I was in a tot lot when a young kid 13 or 14 years old came up and asked if i had found a key. I hadnt but told him i would give it to him if i found it. About 10 minutes later i found it. When i gave it back to him he said that it was his house key and that no one was home and he couldnt get in any other way! He sure did have a big smile on his face and that was great payment!!!

That's why we here at CVS are the only business in America that does key returns. Both of those stories are great though, I wish I could find something to return, period. :roll: HH
NC

awesome! every time i find a set of keys it makes me think someone had a bad day,ive got a bucket full of keys ive found. found one key set with over 30 keys on it at an old library here in town,i put them in the book return slot so hopefully they made there way back to the owner.

Scuba, great job. Looks like your detecting perseverence carries over in to doing good deeds.

Back
Top Bottom