Kentucky people tell me where you are

Wife and I vacationing in Kentucky we will be all over the state. Owensboro to see if we would like to move there. There is a menards there that is where over worked for 6 years. For sure also in the Mammoth Cave national park area. An practicality anywhere else. We have ten days and I'd like to meet up and detect! My wife detects too. It would be nice to get into older ground! Here in Salina kansas it dosent get much older than early 1900s late 1800s. Send a pm or let me know if we can go on a adventure with any of you!! I am 35 and my wife is 26! No worries we are leaving our four kids in Kansas. LOL!

MetalHead

where am I?

I am in the big time Louisville. Just getting started and looking for any tips sor suggestions. Still researching, but looks like I might have to go outside of the city?

That is correct all metro parks off limits. Start finding permissions or travel outside the city. State parks are off limits also.

I'm right across the state line, in Lafayette,TN and work 5 days a week at the Petco in Bowling Green.

I've had the privilege to meet a few fellow detectorists, working in KY.

HH

Might have to try the Paducah area, the wife claims she needs to go the national quilting museum...i will not be attending . So I might try swinging down there.

Looks like the CW activity in that area(After a brief limited search) looks to be repurposed.

Quilting, huh talk about nerdy hobbies. lol

Hello from Frankfort. Been on hiatus from swinging the coil for several years and getting back into it. I have two permissions lined up when it gets cooler.

I'm new to detecting. Just got an AT Pro ordered and will be ready to get after it in the next couple weeks. I live in Crestwood which is right outside Louisville. If there are any in the area that want to get out sometime or maybe a local club that meets up give me a shout!

Back
Top Bottom