• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nox on the Way!

Compass

Forum Supporter
Got my FedEx tracking # (thanks David with River Team Six!) so I'll soon be testing the Equinox (along with most of the beach hunters I know. :roll:). I'll be shocked if the Nox is better in the black sand than my Dual Field but the tech manual states that the Equinox will automatically compensate by reducing transmitting power in the presence of black sand (Beach Mode). How much depth is lost will be the big question for me.
A local hunter friend saw one in action last weekend and told me the Nox was hitting non-ferrous targets in an area where his Excal was constantly nulling so that is promising. As far as gold chains are concerned, my hope is that the
6" coil (when available) will work even better than the stock coil in that now famous Youtube video that many of you have seen. If not in the salt water or wet sand, certainly in the fresh water one would think.
Even if none of the above pans out, the Equinox will still serve as my land detector since I don't have a true dirt machine. The Nox may not make my other detectors obsolete but it sure looks like it may compliment my existing arsenal until a discriminating pulse induction detector comes out. ;)

I just ordered my 600 today, guess I’m at the back of the line lol. I’m new to the sport and have been looking at different machines, almost bought a White’s MX Sport but then saw the nox and all the excitement about it and was sold. I do have a Scubatector for snorkeling but haven’t had much of a chance to use it yet. Looking forward to learning more.

George, just figured out you are getting the 800.....when you get it, don't forget to add it to your signature......it looks like the gold nugget circuit is legit.....have you considered the TDI as a poor man's pulse discriminator?......

-Jerry

George....congrats on your new Nox 800 my friend. I am guessing you and I are going to start comparing notes very shortly ; - )

Good Luck....Be Safe....Jeff.

Supposed to get mine next week. Had two ordered but wound up reducing to one so someone behind me could get one.

Congrats! I look forward to hearing what you think of it.
Thanks Ron, My tracking says by next Tuesday but my friend may get his by the weekend. If so, I should learn a few things about the detector. :yes:

I just ordered my 600 today, guess I’m at the back of the line lol. I’m new to the sport and have been looking at different machines, almost bought a White’s MX Sport but then saw the nox and all the excitement about it and was sold. I do have a Scubatector for snorkeling but haven’t had much of a chance to use it yet. Looking forward to learning more.
Welcome to the Forum Voyager! Well, I think it's a great detector for beginners as well as us old timers. My first detector from 1970 had particle board on the bottom of the coil. :yes:

Keep us posted!
Will do Z.

George , went out today , love mine, happy hunting, Earl
Thanks Earl, I've never used a detector with TID numbers before so it should be interesting. :grin:

I am going to plug in my ESP and say George is getting a Nox 800.

I promise I didn't look at his signature :lol:

I hate to admit it but after posting I thought that I should have mentioned which Nox I was getting. Completely forgot about my sig. :roll:

George, just figured out you are getting the 800.....when you get it, don't forget to add it to your signature......it looks like the gold nugget circuit is legit.....have you considered the TDI as a poor man's pulse discriminator?......

-Jerry
Jerry, Until recently, I was pretty content with my Dual Field/Excalibur combination for the beach and Aquanaut/Excalibur combo for the lake. But it sounds like the Equinox has the ability to find targets that those other machines have trouble seeing.
I don't know anything about the TDI but I will check it out. Lots of options out there with more on the horizon. :yes:

George

Just remember this, different area's i have noticed different ID#s, that meaning other hunters out of state reporting different #s pennies hit at 21, dimes 25-26, Quarter's 29-30 , nickels 13 , here, haven't found any gold yet, but i here it falls in the nickel range, i ran beach 1 down by the wet today, beach 2 in the water, sensitivity 23-25 , hardly no targets down in the wet, dry sand slim , hope to see some videos of you using the nox, i know you will find gold, enjoy the machine , Earl

George....congrats on your new Nox 800 my friend. I am guessing you and I are going to start comparing notes very shortly ; - )

Good Luck....Be Safe....Jeff.
Thanks Jeff, Yes, maybe in the future we will find gold chains that don't have medallions attached to them or are not wrapped around tent stakes! Anxious to hear your feedback too buddy! :lol:

Supposed to get mine next week. Had two ordered but wound up reducing to one so someone behind me could get one.
Well itsaring, I'm sure you made someone very happy- good karma for you!

ill stick with my excal for the beach for now good luck with your new toy :D
Thanks brncofan!

Just remember this, different area's i have noticed different ID#s, that meaning other hunters out of state reporting different #s pennies hit at 21, dimes 25-26, Quarter's 29-30 , nickels 13 , here, haven't found any gold yet, but i here it falls in the nickel range, i ran beach 1 down by the wet today, beach 2 in the water, sensitivity 23-25 , hardly no targets down in the wet, dry sand slim , hope to see some videos of you using the nox, i know you will find gold, enjoy the machine , Earl
Thanks Earl, From what I have seen, gold can show up anywhere from about 1 to around 20 (?) depending on its size, shape and karat. I think a lot of the 14K gold bands ring up around 13 like the nickels but gold chains seem to be about 1-2. It's going to be an exciting year if the small gold starts appearing in my scoop. :yes:

Gold range

8-20 8 rings in that 9 k cheap stuff, 9,10,11,12,13 up to 20 watch those Corona bottle caps George you will be digging them :laughing:, have fun , Earl Iron -09 --7

Congrats George, looking forward to a full report ;) I put myself on the waiting list for a Nox 800, gonna be about a month wait for me..

Now we're talkin...get wet Compass. I'm interrested in knowing how this detector functions while your getting beat up in the surf.

Back
Top Bottom