Knock off scoop and homemade carbon fiber handle

$30? I'm guessing 32x30x1000? Still a great deal with delivery.
I agree!
! but you need at least CF 32x28x1240 mm, for me at least.
but better + dowel length of more than 30 cm, and preferably half the length.
then the real price begins to appear ... :D

Been there done that ;) i was like you i dont want to pay hundreds of dollars for a scoop i said and well it ended up costing me more in the long run as that scoop from ebay the Ukraine ones are total JUNK =( it looked good, felt good even seems good the 1st few trips out but when i actually got out for some good long low tides hunts in some heavy wet sand it ripped like a wet paper towel :mad: i tried to jb weld it and that lasted all of about 3 digs and it was trash =( so lesson learned :( i got two scoops now, one from Sito Scoop and one from Stealth Scoops and the Sito is the cheaper one of the two and seems to be holing up the best, :cool: i had to spot weld the Stealth 720i already but i have beat it to hell in rocks and heavy wet sand so i suggest after that one you got brakes (Lets Hope You Got A Good One & It Doesn't) get a Sito ;) and i am in no way sponsored by them just a happy user ;) GL&HH Bud Thanks For Sharing ;)

Been there done that ;) i was like you i dont want to pay hundreds of dollars for a scoop i said and well it ended up costing me more in the long run as that scoop from ebay the Ukraine ones are total JUNK =( it looked good, felt good even seems good the 1st few trips out but when i actually got out for some good long low tides hunts in some heavy wet sand it ripped like a wet paper towel :mad: i tried to jb weld it and that lasted all of about 3 digs and it was trash =( so lesson learned :( i got two scoops now, one from Sito Scoop and one from Stealth Scoops and the Sito is the cheaper one of the two and seems to be holing up the best, :cool: i had to spot weld the Stealth 720i already but i have beat it to hell in rocks and heavy wet sand so i suggest after that one you got brakes (Lets Hope You Got A Good One & It Doesn't) get a Sito ;) and i am in no way sponsored by them just a happy user ;) GL&HH Bud Thanks For Sharing ;)

Luckily I can weld stainless. If I don't like it I can weld it any configuration I want. Just cant punch hexagon holes with a drill:lol: I actually modded a stealth scoop to a 20 degree before the maker did. I still like it. Not that I only have one scoop. I got Stealth, TRex, RTG and this knockoff. A back up is always in my trunk.

what's a breach got to do around here to get a link to buy that handle

When looking on feebay for carbon fiber you need to know the inside measurement of your scoop head tube. Then you need to know how thick you want the carbon fiber. Most carbon fiber handle walls are 2mm thick. Then you got to know how long you want the handle. I used Avant tubes for the one I got. They only had to 1000mm long which was what I needed anyways. Also one trick on feebay is look for the make offer option and make an offer. They a lot of times give you what you want or a discount anyways. Ive done this several times on the lithium bicycle batteries I build for my ev global bikes. On carbon fiber its best to take some time and actually study carbon fiber. They even make a carbon fiber and Kevlar blended tube. But if you are gonna be digging boulders id recommend a strong ash wood handle.

Back
Top Bottom