Going through a bad patch

simonthesearcher

Forum Supporter
Well i havnt been posting any pics for one good reason,,,,,,Nothing to post.Ive been out for the last three evenings and have found nothing,the ground is too hard to dig (i know everyone thinks England is one big wet chunk of ground),but we just havnt had any rain lately and its been hot here (lol,i promise ).So detecting is not much fun lately.I will be going out over the weekend and have had to make a tool to dig with at work,all my other things have bent.cant wait for the winter now,thats the best time to do some hunting,the ground is soft and cool so you get the depth,anyway ,just thought i would share that with you all.

Thats too bad Simon, but don't feel alone here. A lot of us are having the same type of weather. I'm just lucky our ground is mostly sand. The ones I feel sorry for are tha ones in the south. Like OkieDigger. His ground is like cement or so he has stated. They really need some rain down their way for sure. Don't worry, you'll be back at it in no time. :yes:

Don't feel bad Simon. You've made some incredible finds and you're going to be finding some more for sure. Like hoser said, the ground here is like concrete. It was 110 degrees here yesterday and 108 the day before. A cold front came through last night, we're only supposed to hit 100 today :lol:

To paraphrase a line from Blazing Saddles......"Now com,on boys, the way your lolli-gagging with them detectors and them trowels, you would think it was 120 degrees................cant be more than 114

Funnymovie-blazing saddles-Gene wilder,if Iremember correctly.Almost lost a 500.00 cart. :grin:

I loved the end when the Cadillac drives off into the sunset :grin: I live just south of OkieDigger in north Texas and believe me, the dirt around here is concrete. We're in a 50-year drought and most communities are in a Stage 3 watering ban (of 4 stages)! Lots of brown lawns, bushes, swimming pools evaporating and can't be filled . . . our local lakes are 9-13 feet below normal. Can't wait for softer ground and cooler weather.

the ground here in idaho is a little hard, but not to bad. We've had two good years of rain and snow after ten years of drought, But we need some more, Lots more!!! sorry about your luck man, its been hot all over the globe this year.

Hooray !, we've had some rain, and it's cooler.
I just hope the rain stops to let me out detecting on Sunday. :yes:

simon...we had no rain up in newcastle for 3 months and a JCB wud have been more approraite for digging with.

Have had a fair bit of rain over th elast couple of weeks and the ground is getting softer.. not had anything worth posting for months now due to the bad conditions

Hunted 3 square acres of old old school land today, found absolutely........nothing. Don't fret, the winds of change always vary direction. It's just a build up to the big one. (Either it's true or i'm diluting myself...lol)

HH as always,

Bri-

~ Alan ~ said:
Hooray !, we've had some rain, and it's cooler.
I just hope the rain stops to let me out detecting on Sunday. :yes:

No such luck............. it's cool, wet and windy....I'm going back to bed :(

Back
Top Bottom