Will these toggle switch boots work

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I have a couple toggle switch's on my Conquistador µMax, one for all metal/disc. and one for changing the frequency. I would like to protect the switches from dirt,etc. and was wondering if these would work/fit or is there something better I can use on the switches.

Waterproof Toggle Switch Rubber Cover Cap Boot 11mm 7/16"

Threaded Hole Diameter 11mm / 7/16"(0.433")
Overall Size 20.5 x 24.4mm / 0.8" x 0.96"(D*H)
Material Rubber, Plastic & Metal
Color Black

Attachments

• addon.php.jpg
    addon.php.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 430
  • frontpanelconquistadorumax.gif
    frontpanelconquistadorumax.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 432
I'm not sure if they'll work (not sure what tpi you need), but I would recommend the "half-boots" over the full ones. The tips will wear off the full ones over time allowing grit to enter. The half-boots have a REALLY tight fit around the base of the toggle. The only problem I can see with the half-boots is the square shaped toggles might not push through the small opening in the covers. Boot covers will definitely give you some peace of mind!

There's only one way to find out. Pull off a nut and see if one of those will fit. It seems that the threads per inch on most electronics parts are common for the diameter of whatever part you are interested in. Try it out. If it fits, I can almost guarantee Tesoro fans will go nuts and want to put them on theirs too, myself included.

You'll keep dust and dirt out of the toggles but the knob pots may still get some stuff stuck in it eventually.

There's only one way to find out. Pull off a nut and see if one of those will fit. It seems that the threads per inch on most electronics parts are common for the diameter of whatever part you are interested in. Try it out. If it fits, I can almost guarantee Tesoro fans will go nuts and want to put them on theirs too, myself included.

You'll keep dust and dirt out of the toggles but the knob pots may still get some stuff stuck in it eventually.
I don't have any of them to try, I just happen to run into them searching the internet. You can put o-rings under the knobs, alot of folks do this to put alittle friction on the dials to keep them from accidentally moving.

Back
Top Bottom