Put some clad to good use!

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
My digging buddies finally convinced me to spring for a digging tool that will probably benefit my health.

Cleaned some clad, ran its through the coinstar and turned it into a brand new Sampson 31" serrated digging tool!

Can't wait to put it to use in our freshly moistened soil!

c0de17885245e6d1288bf9bc6581408c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nun better!

Congrats, I love mine and use it EVERYWHERE! I can dig MUCH cleaner plugs, much faster with my Samspon. And, as mentioned above, they are perfect for helping you get up!

It is a PRICELESS tool as you will learn!

Congrats on your new gear!

I don't kneel anymore due to double knee replacements. I use a 30" Lesche and it gets the job done. You will like it. I'm sure the Sampson is just as good.

Is there any way you could measure the blade and post the dimensions? I'm looking for total length, width at top and where the tip starts. The rest I can wing it. I work in a metal fab shop and want to make one over the winter. Also maybe how much bend in the middle. I have access to a punch, brake, welder,anything else I might need, and materials. It, would give me something to do during the slow season.

Once you get a few hunts in you'll be wondering why you didn't get one of these a long time ago, lol! I love mine, it makes things so much easier for me.

I may be misunderstanding you, but the blade does have a slight V to the curvature...
8458.jpg

I meant a taper from the top to where the point starts. I have a brake at work to put the bend down the middle and bend over the boot pegs on top. I think I have the info I need to build this. Thank you. I'll keep you posted how this works out.

Congrats on the new digging tool. It's the same one I have. I love mine and I am sure you will too. I haven't used mine much the last few months because we here in the southeast are in a drought, a bad one. Just started getting some rain last week. Enjoy the Sampson, it will make quick work of plugs. HH

Congrats on the new digging tool. It's the same one I have. I love mine and I am sure you will too. I haven't used mine much the last few months because we here in the southeast are in a drought, a bad one. Just started getting some rain last week. Enjoy the Sampson, it will make quick work of plugs. HH

Thanks Bama Man. Loving the rain here in east TN we needed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom