More Wheats than Clad, Multi-Silver (4) Hunt!!!

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Boy RainorShine is going to be upset that I didn’t call him for the hunt…..but I can blame it on my wife 😊.

Late yesterday afternoon my wife wanted me to accompany her to a local town for a meeting and told me, “You drive me there and you can detect during my meeting”. Sure, I had been to this town 2 years ago but didn’t door knock. Glad she “forced” me 😊

This time I am glad I door knocked, 4 of 5 requests were a YES. First target was a Wheatie, second wheat, third…wheat….you get the idea. In the end I had more Wheats than regular pennies (16 Wheaties to 14 regular pennies)!! If you include the "pie" Wheatie, then I had 16.33 Wheats :lol:

First Merc was about 1 hour into the hunt on a permission, and the 2 Rosies were on curbstrips in front of permissions, and the 2nd Merc was on the edge of the last permission. All of them in under 60 minutes (2 ½ hour hunt).

Also scored a “no-date” Buffalo nickel and several “play money” tokens and 3 WA State Tax Tokens.

I had some oldies on the wheats….a 1909 (non-VDB), a semi-key 1912S and multiple 20s and 30s models. Full list of dates were: 1909, 1912S, 1919S, 1920, 1929S, 2 x 30S, 1939S, 1941, 1942D, 1944S, 2 x 1945S, 1950S, 1954D, and 1957S

Great hunt up here in the PNW where multi-silver hunts are HARD to find:wow:

Attachments

• 1_18_2021 Total.jpg
    1_18_2021 Total.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 380
  • 1912 Wheatie.jpg
    1912 Wheatie.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 378
  • 1909 Wheatie.jpg
    1909 Wheatie.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 344
Great job on the silver, but yeah, why is it when we go out together recently we get nothing but bupkis? Oh well, maybe you'll take me along when you go to the next "prime" location.

Congrats on the silvers and wheat harvest...excellent digging!

Thank you Sir....a nice way to start 2021

Great job on the silver, but yeah, why is it when we go out together recently we get nothing but bupkis? Oh well, maybe you'll take me along when you go to the next "prime" location.

We will score multiple silvers very soon Gale

Congrats Bull on a short but sweet score. Multi-silver hunts are always fun and make for lasting memories. I trust you didn't keep the Mrs. waiting. Good luck, Mark

A 1957S wheatie would be rather rare, since the San Francisco mint stopped operating for a while in 1955... :)

-- Tom

C'mon man, you're on the west coast ! That 1909 Lincoln was supposed to be at least an "S", if not an S-vdb. You're letting us down, sheesh ! Leave those boring P mints for the east coast guys, and git-back out there and find us those key date S mints. Ok ? :cool3:

The saying, "where there's wheats there's silver" is usually true and you proved it. Good hunt. That 1909 upon closeup appears wear wise not to have seen very many years before being dropped.

Don

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Congrats Bull on a short but sweet score. Multi-silver hunts are always fun and make for lasting memories. I trust you didn't keep the Mrs. waiting. Good luck, Mark

No, I "had" to driver her home:lol: I was the DD!

A 1957S wheatie would be rather rare, since the San Francisco mint stopped operating for a while in 1955... :)

-- Tom

TY for pointing that out...I thought I captured the date correctly but I could be wrong. All my wheaties, unless it is "worth" something get thrown in a bag. I can double check at the end of the year....

C'mon man, you're on the west coast ! That 1909 Lincoln was supposed to be at least an "S", if not an S-vdb. You're letting us down, sheesh ! Leave those boring P mints for the east coast guys, and git-back out there and find us those key date S mints. Ok ? :cool3:

Yea I hear you Tom, I have found several 1909 wheaties but none have been VDB....kinda irritated:lol:

Very nice hunt there.

Thanks Jam

way to go!! I hate diggin wheats but like to see them cause it means there is silver somewhat close. I am jealous.

I will take wheats over clad anyday.

Great hunt ! Congrats 👍👍

TY

The saying, "where there's wheats there's silver" is usually true and you proved it. Good hunt. That 1909 upon closeup appears wear wise not to have seen very many years before being dropped.

Don

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

It is kinda "rough" and I have found better condition 1909 wheats. I am more excited about the 1912S

That’s the kind of day you hope for! Keep digging and congratulations!

I do as often as possible :D

Back
Top Bottom