Bit of yellow

aussiedigger

Searched as far away from all the beach Erosion repairs today as I could get. I swear if another excavator pushed me off a cut I was going to throw my scoop through has windscreen. ( not really )
I know all this work has got to be done but it;s fairly depressing to watch areas that you know produce bulldozed and excavated away.

Anyway after 4 hours and two small beach cuts and nothing much to show for it other than the thinest silver ring thing I have ever detected and and a silver earring and a couple of pre dec.( Australian old coins ) I decided the best thing I could do is take a break buy a pie and choc milk regroup and look for another low spot.
I found just the spot except the trouble was a lady was detecting the exact area already with her E trac.
So I sat and watched her finishing my pie and drink sitting in the shade cringing while she pendulum swung away. I thought what the hell ran back grabbed my gear already thinking of how i would introducing my self and ask if she would mind if I detected near by.
When i got back on to the beach I could not see her anywhere. Turns out as I was away grabbing my gear she had decided to have a rest right where I'd been sitting watching her.( It was hot today )

Made me jump as she said hello sitting quietly right behide me turned out all good introductions over and I went to the side of where she had been detecting my first target was a fork and the second was a gold ring tried to hide it but she got up and came over real quick must have been my happy dance. :woohoo:
Dont think she was to happy after that turns out she had only found a few coins :frustrated:

Attachments

• 007 (500x373).jpg
    007 (500x373).jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 401
  • 008 (500x373) (2).jpg
    008 (500x373) (2).jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 394
  • 005 (500x373).jpg
    005 (500x373).jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 408
  • 011 (500x376).jpg
    011 (500x376).jpg
    168 KB · Views: 390
  • 002 (500x317).jpg
    002 (500x317).jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 403
  • 009 (500x334).jpg
    009 (500x334).jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 399
Sorry to hear about the dozers, but it looks like your persistence paid off. Congrats! It looks pretty nice.

Nice hunting for sure. I am going to miss the nice finds, as I am sure you will too, from your nice cuts. I hate to hear about your erosion being covered up. Our beaches are the same way, get a small cut and here comes the beach repair crews. The tourist tax dollars have a reserve fund for those kind of needs and they are "fast" to spend it.

Nice hunting for sure. I am going to miss the nice finds, as I am sure you will too, from your nice cuts. I hate to hear about your erosion being covered up. Our beaches are the same way, get a small cut and here comes the beach repair crews. The tourist tax dollars have a reserve fund for those kind of needs and they are "fast" to spend it.

Move to CT they don't fix our beaches :lol:

thats a little more than a little yellow,,,,thats too funny,,,its funny going right behind someone and picking stuff up,,,,had a lady in a dry sand hunt scratching her head as I was going behind her,,,,she was also scratching her head cause I was digging targets,,,she probably didn't that swinging her MD like a golf club wasn't going to yield much,,,,Great story and great hunt

Experience with your machine pays off yet again, great job!!

When I first started out last year the first beach I was detecting on an older couple came by and told me "Bob from down the street detects this all the time, in the water too. you won't find anything here."

I have found 2 gold rings, 2 gold pendants and a LOT of lesser jewelry and coins.

I take hunted out and seeing other hunters as a good sign, most aren't any threat to me.

Back
Top Bottom