What Will I find?

Jody007

Forum Supporter
I'm new to this metal detecting hobby and today my new Ace 250 is due to arrive. I plan to use it first in my yard, so my question is what will be the first object I find?
Jody in Tallahassee

First time out?

1/2 hour, a penny, and a pulltab. 1 hour add a dime 2 more pennies and a couple metal whatzits....over one hour first time out you will find you have a back pain and a stiff neck in the morning....:D....Welcome to the hobby..Gil

Last edited:
If you're lucky, coins or rings, more likely though...pulltabs and bottle tops and nails. Since you are new to MDing and that ACE 250, do like they say and hunt in all metal mode for 10 hours and dig everything. Practice on pinpointing with it - it'll do a great job for ya if you let it - and LISTEN to the sounds it makes then dig-dig-dig and see what comes up. Get volume controlled headphones if you don't have any, they made a world of difference in my 250 and my relationship. Go to the "FINDS" and the "Beach and Water" forums and read some of the threads there.

Whatever you do, remember to post your finds with a short story.

Welcome aboard!

HH! (Happy Hunting)

Corroded pennies, nails that give off weird signals, and, after enough cuts, sore arms, cold windy days without one good signal, and angry grass lovers, treasure!

You'll find your addicted !

Thats what I found and just about the only thing except the 4 pounds of foil that was shredded all over the park. :lol: But that was 20+ years ago and now I find nails and pull tabs and don't even have to try, they just appear everywhere I go.:lol:

that you dont want to put it down will be the first thing you find the second that you can't stop thinking about what might be 6 inches in front of you coil:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Happy Hunting and good luck

Back
Top Bottom