Bigfoot Means Gold!

Ra1der5

Athletic Supporter
Forum Supporter
For one reason or another, the base riff in Chickenfoot's "Bigfoot" reminds me of the tone of Minelab BBS gold (which I find to be just lower than a nickel).

When I hear a lower tone, I start humming that base riff. If it's close, I get a good feeling. I got that feeling yesterday. Two scoops down, kicked the pile, and "There you are!"

IMG_0468.jpg

I go to put the ring in the coin pocket of my 501's and... SNAP! I could feel two pieces in my hand and I'm thinking, 'Great! Did I get it all?'. I knew a broken piece would be too small to detect with the SovWOT. No way I was pulling it back out of my pocket to check. When I got home, I pulled out the big chunk with the stones. Digging... digging... checking in corners... there's the second piece. 'Wait! D@mn! Too small. D@mn! I lost a piece!' Digging... digging... along one of the seems... There you are!"!

Amazing how a tiny chunk of 10k can get me all worked up! 2.78g total. #3 for the year worth... wait for it... $44.89! "We're eatin' good tonight, Martha!"

Raider Regards,

R5

Last edited:
Is that $44.89 with the stone included in the weight? :D Good job regardless... breaking it just makes it easier to sell as scrap :)

:dingding:Next time kick the pile a little softer so you don't damage the ring. :roll: I'm with Craig on it being easier to place in the melt pile now after you just take out the stone.

Is that $44.89 with the stone included in the weight? :D Good job regardless... breaking it just makes it easier to sell as scrap :)

Yup...Just for you Craig...

Oh Raider 5 lol. Nice score! Steak dinner on you, over and out.

:cool: I was expecting to see you and F4kin' Lama this weekend. Did you guys hang up your detectors? :shock:

10K sometimes gets brittle after being in the water a while...but broken makes 'em easier to melt. Nice find!

You're right. But I've also found a broken 18k. I wonder if the type of metal in the alloy plays into how brittle it is. :hmmm:

R5

Nice that you saved it all. Looks like a pretty ring at one time. Congrats

:dingding:Next time kick the pile a little softer so you don't damage the ring. :roll: I'm with Craig on it being easier to place in the melt pile now after you just take out the stone.

Its only 10k, ready for ARA.:D

Nice saves!

Thanks guys. It's all melt to me... well... most of it. That cross from "Day 563" is too good to be melted. And then there's the... and that.... But I'm not attached to any of it. I do wonder what the stone is... topaz maybe?

R5

Sooo... does no one else hear it?

Does anyone else have a song with a tone that reminds them of gold?

R5

I take that as a compliment Raider ;) My wife hates that I am so literal in my thinking... it is what it is :D

She hates more than that you cheapskate . Hahahaha

How you been FC ???

Could you please send Raider some Play Doh so he can display his finds properly :)

CHEERS BUDDY !!
Hope all is well :)

She hates more than that you cheapskate . Hahahaha

How you been FC ???

Could you please send Raider some Play Doh so he can display his finds properly :)

CHEERS BUDDY !!
Hope all is well :)

How do you know that's not plan my with the wife? :D

I'm hanging in there BP and you? Still visiting the elephant? ;)

If Raider sends me his address I will send him two containers :lol:

Back
Top Bottom