A Little Surf and Turf..

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
The other day I went back to the area I found the small ruby ring and fund that spot was filled in with silt so I hunted the rocks at the bottom of the slope and some shallow water near the slope to come up with the silvers and buffalo's ok Felix? :grin:

Yesterday, I went dirt digging and hunted for 5 hours and found 7 targets amongst the heavy iron... it amazes me how much junk is underground and its not from us but those in the past..

Best find is the Kensington CT fob about the 50th year since the civil war..its dated July 26th, 1913

http://www.nationalwarmemorialregistry.org/memorials/kensington-civil-war-memorial/

I can't find anything about the fob online..

Attachments

• 100_0040.jpg
    100_0040.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 661
  • 100_0041.jpg
    100_0041.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 648
up with the silvers and buffalo's ok Felix? :grin:
Thank you for showing some respect to a fine rare coin Craig and cool find on that Civil War commemorative thing!

Your really old finds makes me want to get back to my inland lakes. Scooping up history! :cool:

7 targets in 5 hours?

That's some efficient hunting there, buddy. :laughing:

Love the treasure Craig, and Very nice save on the fob. Amazing piece of history.

Thank you for showing some respect to a fine rare coin Craig and cool find on that Civil War commemorative thing!

You are welcome your highness :lol:

That fob is a really cool find!

Thanks Charlie...

Your really old finds makes me want to get back to my inland lakes. Scooping up history! :cool:

Thanks Irons.. I enjoy dirt digging almost as much as finding the gold at the beach ;)

Nice finds......

Thanks Vermonster

A well rounded group of finds Craig.

Thanks Windhunt.

Quite a haul and mix , congrats , ,,,,,HH

Thanks Ricki :)

7 targets in 5 hours?

That's some efficient hunting there, buddy. :laughing:

Efficient? It was a lot of walking and swinging in that iron infested field.. but I enjoyed it.. I got out.. no nagging wife to bug me :lol:

Love the treasure Craig, and Very nice save on the fob. Amazing piece of history.

Thanks Joe..

Cool fob, you always seem to hit the interesting stuff!

Thanks Zee... you do pretty well yourself hunting the dirt ;)

Congrats on the oldies Craig....nice hunt !!!!

Thanks Jim..

I found a picture of it on a blog makes me wonder if I left the other part in the hole :roll: but I don't think so because I swung my coil over it afterwards..

http://john-banks.blogspot.com/2013/07/photo-journal-oldest-permanent-civil.html

scroll down a bit.

Okay... that souvenir is cool! 😎

But dirt digging? Crossing over Craig? Me thinks a proper keelhauling and THEN intervention is in order. :laughing: I watched a keelhauling on STARS, Black Sails the other night... nasty stuff! :shock:

So... are you using the GT or the Explorer in the dirt?

R5

Last edited:
Nice hunt Craig. Congrats.....:yes:

Thanks Curt..

Okay... that souvenir is cool! 😎

But dirt digging? Crossing over Craig? Me thinks a proper keelhauling and THEN intervention is in order. :laughing: I watched a keelhauling on STARS, Black Sails the other night... nasty stuff! :shock:

So... are you using the GT or the Explorer in the dirt?

R5

Before I took up beach hunting, I hunted the dirt... you should try it sometime... its fun.. as to my detector I use the MXT.. private properties are all I hunt these days... I am not a park hunter so I don't have to worry about rusty bottle caps that the MXT seems to think are quarters :roll:

The MXT is has a fast processor and is deep.. I run it in relic mode and zero disc, two tone, sensitivity maxed out..

Cool old stuff!

Batten down the hatches...

Get that post storm gold!

<°)))>{

I'm not looking forward to plowing a couple feet of snow... sure I can make big money but its blood money being out for 24-48 hours during these types of storms..

Back
Top Bottom