• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Like Diamonds in the Surf, Excalibur Endcaps & Mods

OBN

OldCherryPicker
Forum Supporter
This year I decided to make a few kits for the Excalibur instead of hunting the 38 degree cold waters. Open...Jan 1 to Feb 15. . Shop is Now closed but like to share a few shots of these Jewels, each like a fine Diamond.

All evolved from hunting deep saltwater over the past two years with hundreds of hours of testing, then taking what I learned and making these kits. Each endcap is beyond factor specs with a fatter o-ring and tighter clearances then polished to a diamond luster. And I finally Mastered Making those Black Pod covers...They Look factory Perfect!

Best to all this coming Season! Come on Warm Waters!! I'm ready to Hunt!!

Joe

A note from a Water hunter who has used and just got another kit this past round.

XXX
After several years and multiple detectors, ATX, ctx etc, seems like you just cannot beat a modified Excalibur.

Attachments

• OBN0111.jpg
    OBN0111.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 182
  • OBN0004.jpg
    OBN0004.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 175
  • OBN0003.jpg
    OBN0003.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 175
  • OBN0115.jpg
    OBN0115.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 178
  • OBN0009.jpg
    OBN0009.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 175
  • OBN0002.jpg
    OBN0002.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 177
Great work OBN! Thanks for your contributions to the state of the art of hunting with the Excalibur. I went out this morning to no low tide, stronger winds, sand accretion where there should have been erosion, numb fingers, and no targets,,, think you made the right choice staying in your shop.

Outstanding work for the Minelabber Salties Joe!! Heres a thought on the open Forum that has not been hitherto addressed....Somebody with the skills you have needs to fab up a 3' extension wire to an AtPro coil..!.

Ya see, right now we cant straight stick it, hip/chest mount it, go full length long stroke even.....The coil wire is just too short! A lot of us freshies are using big coils of various makes and measures, but that stupid stock Garrett AtPro S shaft combined with the too short coil cables wears a guy out swinging the batts and brains all day long!...

I can see a simple cable extension, so a feller could mount the AtPro brain box off shaft somewhere...(Hip/Chest preferably)....In order to Straight stick a big coil,... If a guy can get his hands on a set of those stupid proprietary G plugs that is, and fab up a 3' extension cable...

Theres an established market..Theres a lot of us ATPro freshies, and we do hunt gold, and we will pay for something like this...
Mud

Obn

Joe you better hook me up, on both my Excalibur blues, and phones for my two CTX3030s , :pirate2: Shops open at Surf Master's beach house :shock::yes::lol: HOWBOUTIT :thumbsup:

Top notch work!
Seems like the wek spot on the excals is the wires cracking after years in the sun, with these kits you could swap out everything...

Back
Top Bottom