Investors are Snapping up Gold

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Just a USA Today article that I read today. And I know that's everyone's favorite topic on here! ;)

Investors are snapping up gold. Here's why

http://usat.ly/2kNksGM

It's a crapshoot what will happen with gold price right now, I think. Policy, regulations and trade is changing so fast even if it was/is for the better ultimately, the speed of it happening with the amount of opposition trying to do anything to block/delay it is cause for uncertainty. I think that uncertainty will flatten out eventually and gold should steady rise for awhile slowly, based on gov't spending/adding debt before eventually the govt machine and the private sector quits grinding and actually starts spinning forward. If the economy does start to improve/jobs increase and we get closer to full employment with real jobs (none of this 3 job part time stuff) then you could probably expect gold price to start dropping slowly. A HUGE factor is the amount of debt, as gold is a security against that debt. If we actually start paying toward the debt, you could see gold drop as much by percentage as to the debt being paid off. Those are some gargantuan "IF"s though. And it won't happen anytime soon.

long term buy price was triggered long ago. looking at low $1400s (long term) at a minimum....
a rumour going around that there is a strike in the works at 1 of the largest copper mines in the world. if that happens silver up %10 within a week.
COT numbers shows the "big guys" were short silver in record numbers recently,,,, so expect an epic short squeeze or the weight of those shorts to take effect soon.
... a quote from Drunkenmiller sums it up nicely, "Nobody wants their currency to strengthen." Where does that leave gold? To the moon Alice

Physical gold may be good to hold as a hedge, but as an investment? :laughing::lol:

Ask those that bought at $1800.

Physical gold may be good to hold as a hedge, but as an investment? :laughing::lol:

$1800 us? peso? cdn? gold is up in almost every currency.... but I have to agree with you on the investment view. Buying gold to get rich is a gamble at best.

Age old conundrum! Man Vs Gold! The best way to get 'rich' on Gold is to sell Gold detecting/finding gear! You see what a plastic gold pan sells for? Or a Gold Cube? :laughing: 2c in recycled pop bottles material tops!!:laughing: still, us gold fevereds love to dream about hitting the 'big score', and we dont let a little thing like paper money get in the way!...

Its out there though, free for the picking to the first one that comes along..we learned this from our Patron Saint Mel Fisher, he basically ruined us dreamers from all other pursuits...

Usually it's a way just to diversify more. If someone has been holding since the 80's, then they are way up and if they sold...that would have been an investment for them. Anytime you see commercials pushing "buy gold now", it's already at a high and companies are trying to dump. It's just like the stock market, the majority of people buy stocks high and sell when low because emotions (hope/fear). Exactly the wrong time to make such transactions. Then the big brokers come in and clean house.

The people who bought at $1800 are the same people buying now (as we also bought when it was $300 an ounce as well as $1070 not too long ago. We don't count how many dollars our physical gold represents...we count in ounces. The number of ounces I have continues to rise...that's all I know.

First rule about physical gold...its NOT an investment.

At this point it is a hedge against capital controls (among other things). Used to be gold was an inflation hedge, a possible hedge against the dollar, etc.

Now as more and more governments start to put capital controls on bank accounts, either cash on hand or physical gold/silver is the best way to protect against that. I can go to my coin dealer and get cash for my gold at any time. Probably could go to one of the Amish farms not too far from me and trade an ounce of gold for lots of good food.

Ask the Greek citizens when their bank accounts were frozen if they wished they had some physical gold/silver or cash on hand to trade for goods and services.

Hate to say it but cash under your mattress (better yet, in your gun safe) is 100 times safer then in a bank account these days with interest rates being practically zero.

Anyone who thinks the zeroes and ones in their bank account are theirs are highly mistaken.

:cool:

breturnsrs.jpg

I hold onto my rings until it goes up...... thats about as much investing as i do with gold. No huge swings going on with gold that i can see....i know i know projected is the word. Us little people aint making the price go up much..... its countries and big dollar guys who wants to manipulate it briefly that cause a frenzy we wait on.

I noticed yesterday a fairly large company here that was buying gold and precious metals had a huge sign..... going out of business 50% off on jewelry. When the industry is STRAIGHT LINED as a dead person and thats your business advertise like you are running out of it fast.:laughing:

Dew

Right now I think the market is just speculating. There's no real reason for gold to make much of a move. More like rumors started by those holding gold and waiting for the up-tick to sell what their holding. I'll wait...

Age old conundrum! Man Vs Gold! The best way to get 'rich' on Gold is to sell Gold detecting/finding gear! You see what a plastic gold pan sells for? Or a Gold Cube? :laughing: 2c in recycled pop bottles material tops!!:laughing: still, us gold fevereds love to dream about hitting the 'big score', and we dont let a little thing like paper money get in the way!...

Its out there though, free for the picking to the first one that comes along..we learned this from our Patron Saint Mel Fisher, he basically ruined us dreamers from all other pursuits...
True story. Thats how Levi Strauss made a killing during the San Fran gold rush. (Dry goods)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom