Sunset beach NC

diggendirt

Forum Supporter
Hi all. I was just wondering If any of you folks done any md at sunset beach NC. We go on vacation with another couple in June and in September. I got out for about an hour last year. It was my first time hunting on a beach. I just love it. I can't wait to get back this year. I did find some clad. My target was a Fitbit One like new. I'm planing on to get out lot more this year.
Well thanks for looking.

Welcome! Can't say I've hunted up there but I'm sure somebody will chime in. The Garmin Vivofit I have was an MDing find last year. It's replaced wearing a watch for me and I love it!

Hunt there about 3 times a month. It's a very very very flat beach!!!! You might walk out there find $5 in change!!!! But then again might walk out there find a penny!!!!! Make sure you have a very good scoop that wet sand is hard as a rock!!!! Most hunters I know refuse to hunt this beach. They say on a scale of 1-10 it's a -10!!!!! Let them think that!!! Have any other questions PM me. I only live 20 minutes away from this beach.

Thanks everybody for chiming in. I have been after my wife for a very long time to move down to NC. But she will not leave the grandkids.I didn't get a chance to try the wet sand.
I'm planing on buying a scoop with a long handle, all that bending over is to hard on the old back after awhile. I well be sure to post pics and let you know how I do.

I went one time last summer, very nice area, good free parking with
quite a few tourist using this beach. Beach as said above, very long and flat.
Good luck on your trip there.

Back
Top Bottom