whites prizm 5g

I have one, but don't use it as the visual ID is so jumpy, even when properly ground balanced. It might be more stable with a coil from another mfr that is for Prizm & newer Coinmasters, but not sure it is worth the add'l expense. I just air tested it, loud beep on a dime to 8", sensitivity at 7 of 8 as 8 produced some falsing (beeps on nothing, maybe caused by electrical interference).

You should try burying some items to see if it picks them up & what the ID does. On my 5" deep dime, it usually IDs on 3 consecutive spaces, like zinc, dime & quarter. If the average of a few sweeps is above pulltab, there is a good chance it is a coin. Be sure to set the manual ground balance in the pinpoint mode (hold it in) while raising & lowering the coil & tuning the ground balance control until the tone is at threshold up & down.

Probably best to only discriminate out iron & maybe foil, but you don't have to dig everything unless unbearably curious. Most detectors will have problems telling the difference between nickels & pulltabs, & if your ID jumps like mine, probably no way to tell short of digging. Gold can ID just about anywhere: foil, nickel, pulltab, zinc. Best wishes, George (MN)

Just got it any tips on this unit? Can it go deep to get older coins?

Back
Top Bottom