Which would win?

BeepNDig

Hey guys, I've discussed with others about the Teknetics Delta I've just received recently and an interesting topic came into discussion. Some detectorists truly swear by the Tesoros and what they have to offer, and the Compadre in particular is sworn to be great by a number of people. I've owned a Compadre when I first started MD'ing and I can agree that is a great machine for the price. I got thinking about the Compadre and the Delta I own now and have been comparing the two recently. After some thinking I though i'd ask you all this question; in a weeks total time, which detector do you believe would retrieve the most finds of value? Delta? or Compadre? Obviously there are some differences between the two including the price, but I do know that both detectors have huge advantages to offer. Im curious to see what you all have to say about it. Let me know and thanks for reading.

HH

I've only had experience with the Compadre. It was my first detector as well. I actually bought it for my father in law, but he got out of the hobby, and I stepped in. I have found a lot of stuff with that machine, and for the price, I would think it is hard to beat. Simply turn it on, and get after it.

I'll be following this thread to see the opinions of those who have used both.

I'd rather own the Delta, that being said I think they would go toe to toe as far as finds.

Well, if you somewhat ignore the TID on the Teknetics, the are probably comparable.

The Teknietics has the potential to have more advantages with the screen, it just depends on how much you use (or don't use the screen).
It hits fairly wide on ID, the depth isn't all that accurate, but if you keep your expectations modest it's seems to be decent.

If I could only own one, I guess it would have to be the Teknetics, due to it being a TID machine.
I'm kinda used to TID now and like having the extra information. I'm not a real stickler for accuracy, ballpark guess on repeatable targets is all you can expect for this price range.

If it was a second or third detector, I would go with the Tesoro.
Simple machine, set it just above iron and go to town.
Not something you want to do all the time, but it has it's places where it is suitable.

I think given the same ground and conditions that it would be a pretty even match. The Delta offers a few more features. I had the Delta and liked it a lot. Never swung a Tesoro.

Thanks for the responses guys, I can confirm ill be purchasing a Compadre as a backup detector as soon as possible. You can't go wrong with having both right?

One thing I tried with the Delta 4000 is to turn the sens way down. Then the IDs are more accurate & it can sense individual objects almost touching each other. Also, most detectors run on high sens the overload signal could be silence. Got extreme # of coins 0"-1.5" deep missed by experts that constantly detect that park. Turning it up somewhat more could also be an interesting experiment. It can't go as deep as most, but separation...

The Delta can also use many other coils. Never had Compadre. George (MN)

Teknetics Delta I've just received recently. The Compadre in particular is sworn to be great by a number of people. I got thinking about the Compadre and the Delta I own now and have been comparing the two recently. In a weeks total time, which detector do you believe would retrieve the most finds of value?

HH

I can confirm ill be purchasing a Compadre as a backup detector as soon as possible. You can't go wrong with having both right?

I'm keeping my Compadre for sure! Partly because it was the first machine I ever found anything with (1969 penny was my first find :grin:), but also because if I get someone that wants to go with me, it is an easy machine to explain, and it does a good job to hopefully get them to be successful quickly. I think quick success is key to new people joining the hobby. It was for me!

my vote will always be on the compadre,, now when you pull the cover off and super tune it to your area its an amazing little machine.

Back
Top Bottom