Detector run time meters

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Would like to see some detectors released featuring run time meters. A meter where total run time can stored and looked at. Maybe even an option for current hunt time with option to reset.

Run time meters could also play a part in buying a used detector.

Not a bad idea. There are those who seem to put a lot of weight in how old a detector is or if there is any warranty. Personally I've never cared about warranty because in my 40 years I've never had a detector go bad. But I will say when I go to buy one I try and get as new as possible LOL.

There are some more good ideas out there.

I would highly recommend folks to try and put these ideas in the title of their posts.

Reason: Believe it or not, some detector manufacturers are looking at the forums. Putting a good idea in the title makes it easier for manufacturers to see.

All the detectors I have seen have a battery indicator, that's always been good enough to me. I get so much detecting time from the batteries I use I don't need the run time. If you know how many hours you get off a set of batteries you can get a sense of how much time you have from each segment in the battery indicator.

There other improvements I'd like to see, maybe as an option, in my machine. Such as a backlight. A brighter light in the Pro Pointer. I even thought of a device that would attach to the machine and would mark your path. So you don't cover the same ground twice.

I do like the idea of a run-time counter... I know some people do this already on paper (well computer) which takes WAY more dedication than I have time for. Well, the times I can do. It's the keeping tally of denomination count, copper count, wheat count, silver count per category and so on and whats nots.

Yup, I vote this could be a fun little addition that wouldn't take up any additional processing strength I wouldn't think.

I have always wondered how many hours I really put on my machines. I wish they would put a total run-time counter in the menus somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom