Radioshack promo = free silver

jaybirdhgr

Forum Supporter
I've made a few posts on the forum, but I mainly just read posts and soak in all the good advice. In order to help the good folks on this forum, I wanted to make this post to let people know about a potential opportunity if anyone wanted to do this. I checked with a moderator before posting this. He said go for it, so maybe someone else can take advantage of this, too.

I recently learned of an offer at RadioShack where a person can get up to $25 of RS gift cards for trading in old, but working electronics (this is a publicly available promotion - http://www.radioshack.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=24767316). For me, I traded in some old headphones for RS gift cards. I then used the RS gift cards to buy Amazon cards at RS. I then took the Amazon cards and bought ASE's off of Amazon. I could've used the Amazon cards on anything, but in essence, I converted some old (and useless to me) electronics into several ounces of "free" silver.

I'm not sure this will work for everyone. For example, I've heard that some RS stores won't allow third party gift cards to be purchased with RS gift cards. But for me this was very easy.

I have absolutely no stake in this whatsoever. Just thought I'd pass this on. Good luck.

Can I redeem my trade-in credit toward gift card purchases?
Gift cards and entertainment cards are not eligible for purchase with the instant trade-in credit.

Guess they caught on

Go to Best Buy to trade your stuff in then. You can buy Amazon gift cards with Best Buy gift cards. You might have to look around a bit to find them but you can convert cards this way.

Can I redeem my trade-in credit toward gift card purchases?
Gift cards and entertainment cards are not eligible for purchase with the instant trade-in credit.

Guess they caught on

The store where I traded offered gift cards. I didn't even ask. I was then able to convert those to Amazon gift cards. Even if you can't convert to a third party gift card, you'll end up with some store credit. I don't usually shop at the Shack, but I'm sure I could've found something to spend it on.

Back
Top Bottom