AT Pro question - tone

Zagmann

Went to the beach today trying to learn the AT pro.
What does it mean when you get midtone beeps, but no number or depth showing on display? Ignore it?
What about readings in the 40's - do you dig? I was digging 50's and up, 50s always ended up foil.
What about readings that jump all around, high to low and different depths all in the same small spot?

I know I need to dig a lot to learn, but some ideas here would help the learning curve.
Thanks!

(and I found a total of 72 cents... My first coin finds)

If its not showing a number then turn 90 degrees and scan it again...ive had a few of them then get so angry i dig them anyways, usually find some thin piece of aluminum, when its in the 40's it can be low grade gold but i usually find nails, 50s are the nickels and foil and ring pulls and ofcourse gold (sods law, make gold the same as junk), the mid times make the high tones so sweet to the ear, you can almost spend a minute just scanning the high tones fropm 90 and 45 just to hear something nice for a change, but the 90 degree scan tells you a lot, usually, when its jumping all over the place its either a few signals or foil, can slaw

Back
Top Bottom